navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Chains
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Chains Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-06-22 04:41 AM

Susperating,pulsating,gleaming wetly around me,the rotting womb of a world that is all I've ever known.
The only movement,the pumping sway as it takes itself,the only sound the tortured scream as it rapes itself again.

The Beast feeds upon itself,raping itself to birth more of itself to feed,gorging itself ,suffering fulfilling it's only need.

Within it's darkness are points of light shining with might,nearly hidden by swarms of the unclean.
As children of the Beast,we fight for release,no act too vile could ever demean.

Virtue attracts us like moths to the flame. So densely they are packed,they obscure the light:the very thing they seek.
They restore the darkness,hiding the flame,they remove the hope and the strong again devour the meek.

I will not waste my power in a losing fight,for now I hide in the shadows,waiting for their strength to fade.
One day I will slip past their sight,then they will know their doom has been made.

For now,I marshall my strength and bide my time for the day I will break through and join with the light.
For now I will dream of promise and random rhyme and wait for the chance to wield my might.

Will it see past my scars and shattered screams,through to my inner worth? Will it see my skills as such,vital for life within the Beast,or will it feed me to the Beast which gave me birth.

©1990 DreamEvil

------------------
Patience is a virtue, but virtue has never been one of my redeeming qualities.

[This message has been edited by DreamEvil (edited 07-09-99).]

[This message has been edited by DreamEvil (edited 07-14-99).]

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-07-14 08:02 AM

First post to the forum, thought now would be a good time to bring it up.

------------------
I am not responsible for how you choose to interpret what I say.
DreamEvil©

tori
since 1999-06-18
Posts 520
Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA
2 posted 1999-07-14 09:11 AM

Very good DE, very deep , it made me think
I think it will see you... no. I think it has seen you !!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If with pen in hand I've made you think
I've not wasted one drop of ink
vlh.

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

3 posted 1999-07-14 09:19 PM

Again, Tori, thank you.
Gentle Soul
since 1999-07-12
Posts 273
Vinton,Ohio USA
4 posted 1999-07-15 02:21 PM

Wow Dream.. yet another awesome one.. you surpass me by far :P hehe.. *hugs*

------------------
Gënt£ë¤§°û£

DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

5 posted 1999-07-15 04:53 PM

Gentle Soul, you're a treasure to behold.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Chains

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary