navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Growing Old
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Growing Old Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-08-22 06:10 AM

With elegant grace I defy the lines that Father Time has left on my face though my lover pines to be held by another and such is my disgrace that much of our love that came from heaven above has dissipated into the still air in this Age of despair.

Petulant regrets cloud my joy of sunsets as I knowingly employ all the wiles of women from tears to smiles which eventually quiets my fears of what I petulantly call the passing of years from the womb to the tomb that we all seem to think is life, though end it does in strife.

I see the curse of age explained in verse and rage by the uncouth talents of unwise youth that with heavy sighs begrudge me the respect I'm due though of course it's true the past has taken it's toll on my virtue so fast I could not roll with the punches it threw.

My only point of concern is one day they will learn the devious way time still creeps up in envious display of it's charm as it does them harm as if lines made one wise and bending our spines in the guise of insight into everyone's plight.

©1999 DreamEvil

------------------
Shall I indulge in flights of fancy hampered by clipped wings?
DreamEvil©

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
INclan
since 1999-07-20
Posts 1024
Indiana, USA
1 posted 1999-08-22 08:21 AM

While I can not deny the passage of time upon my face...my one and only weapon, to which I cling with all that's me, is my youthful heart. Thank you for this posting. I REALLY enjoyed it.

INclan

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
2 posted 1999-08-22 02:33 PM

DreanEvil,
A superior piece of work.
But then I never expect less from you.

Gentle Soul
since 1999-07-12
Posts 273
Vinton,Ohio USA
3 posted 1999-08-22 03:06 PM

DE, you always keep me in your awe love.. my big brother does it again! hehehe.. you are an awesome poet!!

------------------
Gënt£ë¤§°û£

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 1999-08-22 04:40 PM

I really liked this one! You again, have worded it wonderfully! I agree with INclan. They say we are only as young/old as we make ourself to be.
pen of passion
since 1999-08-11
Posts 234

5 posted 1999-08-22 09:55 PM

How deep does this well go?
~one voice~
since 1999-07-08
Posts 664
Billings, MT USA
6 posted 1999-08-23 04:51 AM

Wow... so much truth to this. As I grow older, I still feel the same, though I fear the things you describe here. I found my first gray hairs not too long ago... the signs are in the wake. *sigh* Mother Nature and Father Time...

------------------
~onevoice~

"She looked at her life
like lines, never-ending,
constantly forming,
reforming and bending."

Dragoness
since 1999-08-07
Posts 513

7 posted 1999-08-23 10:51 AM

I might get older but I refuse to grow-up!!Nicely done!

------------------
Set you heart free and your mind will follow.

bleeding heart
since 1999-08-23
Posts 8
virginia minnesota USA
8 posted 1999-08-23 07:08 PM

If you think your young, in your heart you are. If you think your old, it will speed the process. Very nicely done though.

------------------
I lay here waiting with my bleeding heart.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Growing Old

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary