navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Love Explained
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love Explained Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PGA
since 1999-08-13
Posts 3
Abilene, Texas

0 posted 1999-08-13 06:32 PM

As I get older I realize more and more the importance of love. Without love our world would crumble. It is the underlying foundation. Without love we die. God gave us love to survive. Let us not withhold it from anyone. Too often games are played with love and it can be like a bloody sword when used that way. It is the most powerful weapon of all.

Last night I loved. She said too soon. I said I loved. She said friends. I said lovers. She said I didn't know what she wanted. I said she did. We all want love but question what we will give for it. We must learn to open our hearts no matter the cost. Walk out on that limb, trust me and leap into my arms. I will sacrifice my life before I will let you fall. I will catch you. I will shield you and protect you. Most of all I will love you. Love is its own reward. True love asks nothing in return. I ask nothing.

------------------
PGA

© Copyright 1999 PGA - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 1999-08-13 07:03 PM

Incredible sincerity in this writing and a high emotional level. Well done.

(and, besides, how can I not like someone whose initials spell out my favorite organization?)

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
2 posted 1999-08-13 07:12 PM

Agree with Balladeer. Well done.
Star Fairy
since 1999-08-11
Posts 39
cerritos, ca, usa
3 posted 1999-08-13 10:03 PM

with all my problems with love right now... that sounds exactly like what i wanted to say... except i couldnt think of the words.. ironic?

------------------

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Love Explained

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary