navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » For all poets: Poems read, thought about and felt but alas, not commented on till now
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic For all poets: Poems read, thought about and felt but alas, not commented on till now Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom

0 posted 1999-08-10 06:29 PM

I'm sat here so very tired
words are blurring
before my eyes
but Lucie's words
ring in my ears
and so I try
to bring forth a cheer
for all poets who post
with such thought
and emotion
I summon my fingers
to find the keys
and post 4 tiny
letters
HUGS
and hope these hugs shine through...

Please, save me from one more dead server, lack of ports, Y2K, Users, Engineers, Techies, Token Rings and Ethernet and more dead servers...I want my pillows...

but Poets: you did great!!

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

© Copyright 1999 Cindy Jones - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 1999-08-10 11:14 PM

Amen, Rainbow. A hug from you is worth a thousand words!
Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston
2 posted 1999-08-10 11:16 PM

I appreciate the effort that you are making. The point that I was trying to make was sadly misunderstood by some. It seems the ones I was aiming my suggestions to were not the ones who responded, but then I guess thats typical considering their lack of responses on poetry anyway. I am sorry if I made things more difficult for others for that was never my intent.
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
3 posted 1999-08-11 03:08 AM

Balladeer

Thank you.. ...Now if I could only find a way to let these arms reach through the screen...oh my!!...Wouldn't that be fun..ooops...Off to work I go..LOL

HUGS

Lucie

I didn't take it in the wrong way, I believe it was meant kindly but I do love to see the fun and antics and I guess it brightens up my day...I know not who you refer to, haven't been here long enough to get a feel yet (no pun intended..lol) just wanted to say what I thought and judging by the number of answers you got, it's something a lot of people have an opinion on...so don't be hard on yourself and have a HUG..

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
4 posted 1999-08-11 05:04 PM

Good job, RG!
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 1999-08-11 05:58 PM

Well done RainbowGirl.
WE could all use a HUG

Artur Hawkwing
since 1999-06-30
Posts 444
USA
6 posted 1999-08-11 07:08 PM

You're quite a brave and daring gal, a hug can take courage.
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
7 posted 1999-08-12 11:42 AM

WhtDove: We sure could..

Artur Hawkwing: Nope, just a pair of arms..that's 4 arms, as in 2 make a pair..hmmm..LOL

HUGS

------------------

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » For all poets: Poems read, thought about and felt but alas, not commented on till now

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary