navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » To My Oldest Son
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic To My Oldest Son Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
skunky4847
since 1999-08-09
Posts 1
Hinton,Iowa,U.S.A.

0 posted 1999-08-09 04:36 PM

Thankyou for making me what I am today.
From the time I felt you move inside me I felt joy like never before.
When you were born I cried for happiness because you were mine.
The first time you took a step it was deeper into my heart you went .
As you grow in age I realize how alike we are you and I always wanting to get in the last word.
You make me proud in all you do whether it be in school or things in general you make choices beyond your years.
Now that you are with your dad I feel I've lost the most important thing seeing what makes you "you".
I realize how hard I was on you not accepting you growing up I guess I wanted you to stay little now I realize it is'nt so.
Please forgive me for I know I was wrong in alot of things over the years you were the first to make me a mom and for that I am greatful ALL MY LOVE MOM XOXO

© Copyright 1999 skunky4847 - All Rights Reserved
Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
1 posted 1999-08-09 05:11 PM

Just wanted you to know your offering was read and although, certainly not a mother, I can relate from an only son's perspective. My mother and I were seperated for a full ten years. That lost time is probably my biggest regret, but I'm thankful for what I have today. Thank you for your honest words.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » To My Oldest Son

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary