navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Solitary Hobby
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Solitary Hobby Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christina Myers
since 1999-06-21
Posts 159

0 posted 1999-08-01 12:33 PM

No morning inspriation
in the mailbox today
no firery words to prod me into action
guess I'll have to go this alone
(as always)
it comes down to that
being alone with your own thoughts
trying to create something out the chaos that reins
deleting
and spacing out the wrong
hoping that what you're left
is the part that makes sense
the part that speaks to someone else-

we write to communicate......
so why is it always done alone?

------------------
And I thought: this is how poetry is born. It comes from invisible heights, it is secret and dark in its origins, solitary and fragrant, and like the river it will assimilate whatever falls in its current; it will seek a route between the mountains, and its crystalline song will ripple through the meadows."- Pablo Neruda

© Copyright 1999 Christina Myers - All Rights Reserved
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
1 posted 1999-08-01 08:13 PM

Very good question Christine, I am told a poet either has to fall in love or out of love to write...I wonder sometimes how true that is?

------------------
"Nobody has measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold" ~Zelda Fitzgerald

Christina Myers
since 1999-06-21
Posts 159

2 posted 1999-08-01 10:57 PM

Makes perfect sense to me, hoot. Right now I am neither- well, in love, but stuck in limbo- knowing how the person feels (actually doesn't feel) for me. My rush of early feelings have deepened of course but they have no where to go- needless to say, I find myself writing absolute crap. I feel stuck inbetween that proverbial rock and hard place. And I feel lifeless. Unfortunately that also shows in the writing.

oh well. Creativity goes in phases- right?

loved the Zelda quote.

Christina

------------------
And I thought: this is how poetry is born. It comes from invisible heights, it is secret and dark in its origins, solitary and fragrant, and like the river it will assimilate whatever falls in its current; it will seek a route between the mountains, and its crystalline song will ripple through the meadows."- Pablo Neruda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Solitary Hobby

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary