navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Daddy Doesn't Love Me
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Daddy Doesn't Love Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CSwtThng
since 1999-07-28
Posts 124

0 posted 1999-07-31 12:48 PM

I wrote this at a depressing time in my life.

I can't take this any longer
I gave up the will to fight
Because Daddy doesn't love me
He told me so last night

Of course he was drunk again
But it hurt me just the same
Does his get saddistic pleasure
From this little game

Sure his childhood was rough
But does that make it right
My own father doesn't love me
It all came out last night

Sure I poured out his boos
That's when he got so mad
I just sat and wondered
What's happened to my dad

Sobriety has been rare
Throughout my entire life
Ever since I was child
I've been filled with pain and strife

I've checked the other side
It doesn't seem so bright
Because Daddy doesn't love me
He told me so last night

[This message has been edited by CSwtThng (edited 07-31-99).]

© Copyright 1999 CSwtThng - All Rights Reserved
Delores Hall
since 1999-07-16
Posts 342
USA
1 posted 1999-07-31 12:59 PM

I was getting ready for bed and the title of
your poem grabbed me.I just had to read this.
I feel so horrible for you.Please don't think
this to be true.A lot of people say things
when there drunk.There senses have left them.
I know that it don't probably matter.It's
the fact that he said that.And I'm sure
that it cut like a knife.But I would like
to think that all daddy's love their
children.What I'm trying to say is it's
the booze talking not him.I can say this
from experience.I know someone like that.
I feel for you.

CSwtThng
since 1999-07-28
Posts 124

2 posted 1999-07-31 01:23 AM

Thanks for your sympathy. It's funny how the ones you love hurt you the most.
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
3 posted 1999-07-31 10:19 AM

A very sad poem.....that was probably the last straw in my abusive marriage, I could handle anything he did to me, the many years of physical and mental abuse, but when he started telling the kids he hated them and they were accidents, I knew I had to get out. No child should ever have to hear those words from a parent. Sometimes poeple think words are only words.....but most of the time words hurt far more than anything else. Physical pain heals, the other stays with you a long time.
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
4 posted 1999-07-31 10:27 AM

Really a sad poem....but nicely done too!
Crystal
since 1999-07-24
Posts 62
Hazel Park Mi U.S.A.
5 posted 1999-07-31 06:20 PM

I grew up in the same situation. It is very hard to hear the man you are supposed to look up to tell you that. My father was the same way. When he was sober we were the most important things in his life, But get a little alcohol in his system and we were the worst thing in his life. Every night he came home he would beat the hell out of my mother and then we would leave. Even though i had a home i basically grew up in 10,000 different hotels. But I always wondered something that sticks with me today. If he knew he did the stuff to us when he was drunk, and he supposedly loved us when he was sober why did he drink in the first place. Now after 21 years my mother finally divorced him and he only sees me when I choose, He has become more of a father to me but the same kind of husband to his new wife. All the physical and mental abuse is the same. I guess he will never change. Now that I am older and i don't have to live with him I choose when I see him which is only when he is sober I have the father I always wanted. It still hurts when I think of what he did to us and everything he said to me but it also taught me a lot. I am a stronger women because of him, I would never take that from anyone, plus I don't drink do drugs, or abuse my child. I only wanted to share this with you because I hope you don't feel alone in this situation. There are always people you can talk to who can help you or just listen if you need it. If you ever need to talk about it or need advice e-mail me.
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
6 posted 1999-07-31 10:18 PM

A very sad poem, but well-written and described. I hope your dad gets help for his drinking problem, and I am totally sure that he did not mean what he said. Thank you for sharing this-it must take guts to post something this personal.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Daddy Doesn't Love Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary