navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » last night
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic last night Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mia
since 1999-07-06
Posts 118

0 posted 1999-07-08 10:22 AM

i could only see your eyes
like oceans of blue
leaking
between the cracks in my heart

i could only feel your hands
like running rivers
flowing
on the land that became my body

i could only hear your breath
like soft waves
caressing
the shores of my neck

and again last night
i forgot pain
to let myself drown
in the sea that was you

-----------------------------

You guys are really good and it can be pretty intimidating. i'm not any good at rhyming and stuff and so i prefer to just let the words flow as they come- kind of like modern art right? Maybe some of you could give some constructive criticism, since i'm just here to learn and to release my soul...but be gentle because i have a fragile heart...
thanks
Mia

© Copyright 1999 mia - All Rights Reserved
Emmy
since 1999-06-29
Posts 194
KY
1 posted 1999-07-08 12:23 PM

What beautiful imagery! I could picture everything... Your poetry is wonderful; an example of "modern art" at it's best. And don't let yourself me intimidated by the rest of us, for we are only as good as you make us. Your fragile heart shall not be broken. Perhaps YOU could teach ME something about free verse... I don't do it very often; most of my poetry is rhyming. If you would, please read "And The Hourglass Turns" and tell me what you think, since you seem to be so wonderful at that style. A job well done... and welcome to the family!
blueloon
since 1999-07-07
Posts 161
NY
2 posted 1999-07-08 03:02 PM

your free verse is mirror to your soul. allow it to open and the rhymn will come from your thoughts not necessarily from the actual words.

blueloon

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » last night

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary