navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » I really wish
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic I really wish Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

0 posted 2005-11-09 03:11 PM

we were able to print our own poems right off of PIP, without the comments attached...am I doing something wrong?

© Copyright 2005 Lee J. - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2005-11-09 04:08 PM

Above the "circle of friends" slogan in the right hand corner is "User's Options" - for "Print", "Send" or "E-card".

Using the print option should save on some ink, but if you prefer it to look like the actual forum page, with all the blue, save it to your pc and print from there.

A lotta ink though.

(I have a few faves on disk that way, as there are several exchanges I enjoyed as well, especially the more helpful critiques, and nod, I it to look like "home" too)

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2005-11-10 06:23 AM

I've tried that Karen, also tried the option that asks if you want to see your poem or print your poem with or without comments, upon doing a search, but...unfortunately it does not work.  

Would Like to print my poems without the comments attached and thought since Ron updated the site, it might work now, but it doesn't, not for me anyway.....oh my, wish it did.  

Thanks so much for your reply though, so kind of you to try.

Hugs

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2005-11-10 07:49 AM

Copy and paste to Word.  
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2005-11-10 07:57 AM

The "without comments" option in the search feature isn't for printing, Lee, just for searching. In other words, it means "don't look for the search phrase in comments made by this person." It certainly doesn't mean it won't show you the comments when you go to a thread returned in the search.

The Print feature, as you've discovered, doesn't give the option to print without comments. Honestly, it never occurred to me someone would want to print from the forums, since you have so many MORE options printing your work from within a word processor.

Karilea's suggestion is a good one, I think. Click on the Printer icon, then press Ctrl-A to select all the text and Ctrl-C to copy it to your computer's buffer. Open Word or Notepad, then press Ctrl-V to paste it. Delete the comments and print as desired.

Another option would be to "Send" the poem to yourself using the icon right next to the Printer, then print it from your email program. I guess how well that would work would depend on your email program, but at least you wouldn't have to delete the comments since they won't be Sent.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
5 posted 2005-11-10 08:57 AM

Lee~
I simply HIGHLIGHT the actual poem (if I'm printing directly from the site) ... then I tell my printer to only PRINT THE SELECTION~

But ... I don't do that often ... I usually do what has been suggested by the others here~
Most often ... I copy it and paste it to a Word Document ... that way I can line it up and add borders and that 'prissy' stuff I like to do in order to make it a nicely formatted piece to frame~

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

6 posted 2005-11-10 01:23 PM

smiling in appreciation, many thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » I really wish

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary