navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Love Poetry Forum
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love Poetry Forum Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2004-02-05 06:00 AM

Just a suggestion, To have a seperate place just for posting love poetry..cyber-love...etc.

Poets like Suetang, Garysgirl and me who write alot about love....

Just as the Spiritual, Dark poetry and Holiday poetry has its place..Love should too! after all this is PASSIONS...

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

© Copyright 2004 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2004-02-05 08:10 AM

good idea,,,but, if I may say,,,sometimes the love poems brighten up some of the darker mood poems,,,,I greatly enjoy finding the warm romantic pieces yourself, and Ethel give us,,,I find myself drawn to your names first,,,,take care
Michelle

I wish all could find the true happiness I have found,,in the eyes of Mike

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
2 posted 2004-02-05 07:57 PM

Thanks Michelle, I wasn't meaning to exclude love poetry or to think love poets are better etc....

To me it would be easier to find the poems about love and some who just want to send a love poem could find the love poems faster...

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
3 posted 2004-02-05 11:28 PM

I think people looking for love poetry to send people generally look on the main page, not here.  And there's a love poetry section there, so, heh... don't know if I see the point of this suggestion.

http://www.livejournal.com/~new_formalism

silhouetted
since 2004-01-30
Posts 537
New Zealand
4 posted 2004-02-28 09:48 PM

nah not a good idea

most people write in dark poetry abou tlvoe becuz its dark and painful.

we wouldnt want to go to the love forum to write about that kind of thing.

But we would HAVE to go there becuz the poem is about love.

So just stick to wherever you post regulary and let them read your poems.

Besides it gives the readers in ur forum a range, not just love or darkness or teen problems.

LOR

Call no man happy till he is dead.

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
5 posted 2004-02-29 03:50 PM

Lor

"we wouldnt want to go to the love forum to write about that kind of thing."

just because you write and post mainly in Dark doesnt mean it's NOT a good idea....

~~**~~
There are moments when speech
is but a mouth pressed lightly and
humbly against the angel's hands.

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
6 posted 2004-05-20 07:08 PM

I agree w/ everyone else. No offense, but I don't think it's nessassary to have a love forum.
gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
7 posted 2004-05-20 07:41 PM

I don't see why that isn't a good suggestion. A love forum may be extremely popular. It doesn't mean that people can't post their love poetry elsewhere, like in dark, or open.

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
8 posted 2004-05-20 08:32 PM

A love poetry forum would be great... for ARH and garysgirl   lol. They'd be the only ones in there...

Actually, it sounds like an interesting idea. And as for having "darker" love poetry in this forum... there would be nothing wrong with that. It would be like having poems about the Earth Mother, or Zues, or a head of cabbage in Spiritual... just another side of the issue.

As for HAVING to go there for a love poem, that is just not the fact at all... Any poem can go into Open, or Teen, or Corner Pub, etc...

it is an interesting idea, and I'd love tos ee what Ron has to say about it.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again...
http://www.cmlb.net/ringo

Tequilia_Sunrise
since 2003-02-19
Posts 612
Lochalsh, Ontario, Canada
9 posted 2004-07-05 02:18 AM

agreed, not a good idea
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
10 posted 2004-12-12 05:53 PM

I think this would be an interesting experiment.  I have a feeling that, if given enough time to fit itself into the structure of organization that seems to settle over lone-established sites such as this, it would be rather popular.  You all KNOW I'd be there! (^.^)  As for the fear that it will somehow restrict posts of love poems to other forums or hinder free expression in some other way, I doubt it.  No one is 'forced' to post in any one forum, and anyone who's here long enough learns that they need not feel pressured to post in one or another.  In summary, I believe this to be an excellent idea.  Something I feel is worth pursuing.  

-Rich

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
11 posted 2004-12-12 07:59 PM

I will be honest. I think that it is an interesting idea and I would love to see what would happen once it got up and running. Teens need a place to write their love poetry too since the mature forum are off limits.
Dark is a good place to write love poetry though not everyone likes that idea. Having something for everyone is what Passions is all about.

Good luck.

Love,
Ladycat

"Everything changes, everything stays the same."-Bill Austin

aujussy wolf
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-08-09
Posts 1215
Michigan
12 posted 2005-11-05 04:52 PM

love is everywhere
~wolfy

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
13 posted 2005-11-06 10:54 PM

It is an interesting idea, perhaps not one that would work, though.. However, we'd never know without trying first.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that most people would just continue posting where they've made a home.. Ya'know what I mean?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Love Poetry Forum

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary