navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Rants?
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rants? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2005-07-08 05:23 PM

Do you ever feal like rambling on and on about a bunch of nonsense?  I know that the Alley Kinda could cover this, but Ron Some times I don't want to be logical. I just need to vent with out being woprried about "logic" or reality.  

I just want to rant, You know and have poeple understrand that  I am only going through a healing process and venting about something that makes me angy.  Arg.......................

Please Ron...  Oh and how do I get to use other fonts???  I have not figured it out.

-Juju

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

© Copyright 2005 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2005-07-08 07:28 PM

There's the Alley and Grok This (Mature Content) for rants and whatnot.  And as stated in the Alley blurb, speak your mind, be respectful, and don't get bent if others don't agree.      

As for font size, I'm not sure about UBB codes for that, but there are some for HTML.  You could ask Ron to include that in the tutorials (little links below your response window).

Don't be shy about ranting.  There are some who will do their best to interject reason and reality, but they can simly be ignored if you're really in a rant mood.

Update, having checked page sources:
< font face="name_of_font" >< font size="#" >message< /font >< /font >

Just remove the spaces between < >.  Word of warning though: not everybody has the same collection of fonts.  Ron chose the most common, and if someone viewing doesn't have the same font, it will normally default back to one of the most common, generally Times New Roman.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-07-08 07:48 PM

JuJu...when it comes to checking out fonts, to see what another poet used, go into that poet's poem under "edit" [trust me, you can't hurt anything, but you can check out how they set up their "style" for their poem] and you will see various font names, like, as Ali pointed out below, some of mine will contain monotype corsiva, and with the exception of spaces between the carats and words, would look like,

< font face="monotype corsiva" >  Delete the spaces beween the carats, and you'll be seeing your finished product like this!!! Adding different fonts also take sizing, so you will add information like this < font size="4" > but you have to again take away the spaces and you will see the difference!

Magic!

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
3 posted 2005-07-08 10:26 PM

OH I see. OK well I will still stick to the alley. But poeple use to my logic and such always tease me. When I saw rant it is the first thought in my head and sometimes they are not logical.

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2005-07-08 10:53 PM

Again, no worries.  Being the Alley/Lounge mod, I generally permit some ribbing, just no personal attacks.  Ron's has different definitions, so may seem a bit stricter.  Come to think of it, he is stricter...he's the Boss.

So rant away!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Rants?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary