navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Archives
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Archives Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York

0 posted 2003-04-14 02:50 AM

Was wondering . . .  is it at all possible to bring archives from previous Open forums into the current open forum?  I have done this before for poems that need to desperately breathe - but as of late, saw that one of them was in Open 23 - thus could not be brought into the current open.  
This is a shame because there are so many newcomers and much amazing writing to be seen and some of it hardly responded to.

Is there any way to change this option?
Any ideas? Opinions?
Thank you
Sue xxoo  

© Copyright 2003 Sue Eckam - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-04-14 03:45 AM

Just MHO opinion but that little gold mine is there for the mining. If all our good poems on the main frame were in a current forum we'd be overwhelmed. However, it would be nice if there were more exploring going on. I believe that is why an occasional repost is kindly tolerated.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2003-04-14 06:59 AM

If you see a post of another in the archives which just begs to be read by more - why not send a note to the member and ask them to consider re-posting it in the new forums for a mutual "pick-us-up!"  I know I've been back in there, digging, reading, enjoying, and now and then in an exchange of e-mails, have asked the poet/ess to consider bringing it back into a current forum...

sometimes they come back revised, improved, but always, a joy to read again and to share with new members!

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2003-04-15 02:12 AM

Thanks guys - will do   xxoo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Archives

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary