navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Coffeeeeeee?
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Coffeeeeeee? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

0 posted 2002-08-13 06:24 PM

Kit, are you the one who does the different mood icons. I don't mean the smilies. I mean, like the sunset (Icon65) I have right now.

Well, whoever is involved with them, do you take suggestions on more? If so, I'd like to propose adding a nice, steaming cup of coffee to the list.

I know it would fit me best.

Mikey

© Copyright 2002 MPC - All Rights Reserved
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
1 posted 2002-08-13 08:38 PM

How about this one.

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
2 posted 2002-08-13 08:41 PM

Here's a lot for you, I don't know if they're freeware though.

Coffee Icons

[This message has been edited by Essorant (08-13-2002 08:41 PM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2002-08-13 08:46 PM

Essorant, you are full of surprises!  I found just the one for me!  Thank you!

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2002-08-13 08:57 PM

Hi Mike ... I've done a lot of animated smilies, but no one has asked about the mood icons before.

It's a neat idea ...

Hmmmm ... it appears to be a gif, so I could certainly work something up for you Mike, but Ron would have to give me the go ahead, as I don't know how they actually incorporate into Ron's forum software (or if he wants my little sketches in yet more places in his blue pages, lol)

Here's Alicat's coffee morph to keep you cozy till we find out, lol ...

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2002-08-14 01:46 AM

The problem with the current software is that we're limited to 99 icons - and we're already at 91. We could add a few more, but only a few. A month or two ago, we had a thread where we discussed getting rid of some of the old so we could get some new. But it seems like there isn't a single one of our 91 icons that SOMEBODY doesn't just love to death. Worse, all 91 of those icons have already been used. Imagine pulling up an old post of yours where you used, say, a coffee icon, only to find it replaced with a martini glass. Some people, I'm afraid, could be offended by having their choices changed retroactively.

The news isn't completely bad, though. I've started the design process on our next software upgrade (which is a misnomer, since it will be a total re-write) and have every intention of removing the 99 icon limit. We'll have a lot more choices, with multiple pop-up windows for both icons and smilies (a dire necessity to handle our prolific l'il Kit). Better yet, everyone will be able to upload their own PERSONAL icon (no one else can use it!), much in the way we now do with photos.

But even the good news isn't completely good, either. Just as we have size requirements for the photos (100 by 150 pixels), we'll need to impose limits on the icons. Sunshine's choice of coffee, for example, is 64 by 64 pixels, or roughly twice the size of our other icons. I haven't set a final size yet, but I'm guessing we'll go with 32 by 32 pixels (which is a standard size for the icons on your desktop). I'll have to look at our existing icons and the final design of the new software before I can be sure, though.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2002-08-14 07:19 AM

LOL..Ron, I promise not to get rid of my angel, but will only use the coffee icon in a response for when someone greets me with a coffee-clinker wake-her-upper poem!  OK?  Thanks!

[Kit shouldn't get all the blame for her growing smilies list.. ]

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2002-08-14 08:36 AM

Sounds wonderful Ron. I'll be happy to play around with the icons in the size requirement once the software revisions are complete. It will be a whole other playground, lol

And lol @ Karilea.

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

8 posted 2002-08-14 12:26 PM

Thanks, everyone!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Coffeeeeeee?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary