navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Useful Programs (Member's Help)
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Useful Programs (Member's Help) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas

0 posted 2001-07-02 03:32 PM

Would it be possible/allowable to include a page under Member's Area/Help for downloadable program files, like Copernic, spell-checkers, html editors, and text editors? And I'm not suggesting having the files on the Passions servers, but linking back to the manufacturer's home page through a pop-up redirect. Although it could also be linked through the More Tools, found at the upper right of the posting screen.

I think this would be a good idea for helping members here find useful programs to enhance productivity, regardless of OS, without cluttering up the forums or being lost in a thread shuffle. And, on a side note, it would create advertising for companies without the need for banners....maybe they might scratch Passion's back for the help.  

© Copyright 2001 Alastair Adamson - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-07-12 08:58 PM

You mean we need a dictionaurus?...

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
2 posted 2001-07-12 10:51 PM

Naw....when I posted this one, I was more wondering about the feasibility of linking useful programs from the manufacturer's home page for member ease of finding and using. I think Ron pretty much has the online services covered, which was why I was wondering about programs being the same way.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2001-07-13 10:28 AM

If people would like to contribute links and substantive reviews (a paragraph describing what the program does and why it would help), I'll see what I can do.
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2001-07-13 02:32 PM

Copernic

Copernic 2001 Basic is a very useful program for multiple searches across the major online search engines. Copernic also saves each search, with a listing of links; allows for validation to remove dead links; and groups identical finds together, with a rating for query accuracy. With Copernic, the user can search for a question, all terms, any terms, and exact terms; and the easy-to-use interface makes modification of search queries very simple. For poets, this greatly simplifies the copywrited material search process.

Passionate review by Alicat.

[This message has been edited by Alicat (edited 07-13-2001).]

Poeminister
since 2000-02-26
Posts 1862
Regina SK; Canada
5 posted 2001-07-13 05:46 PM

Here's one:  

HTML Reference Library

HTML On-Line

A program that contains information and screenshot examples of the most current HTML codes, as well some overviews of Java Applets, JavaScript, and imagemaps.  Very helpful, and convenient for looking up codes.

Poeminister

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Useful Programs (Member's Help)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary