navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » This Doesn't Deserve A Title
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic This Doesn't Deserve A Title Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alain DeLaCendres
since 1999-07-02
Posts 119
Ohio

0 posted 1999-09-12 12:46 PM

*note: I've been gone too long and I owe many replies..I promise to ty to catch up. By the way, the capital letters are that way for a reason.put it together for yourself...

i don't realLy have anything
to writE about tonight,
I jusT have to write
so i can keep My sanity..
not that i nEed it.

wow..those last two lines Gave me
terrible dé ja vu..but i dOn't know why..
maybe i'll thInk about it when i
lay dowN in my bed tonight..
unable to sleEp.

that seems to be thE only constant
i have arounD here anymore:
my lack of healthY sleep
and a surplus of thOughts
dUring that deprivation.

12:18am / 9-11-99

------------------
Tout s'en va, tout passe, l'eau coule, et le couer oublie.

© Copyright 1999 Alain DeLaCendres - All Rights Reserved
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
1 posted 1999-09-12 01:04 AM

Alain...I can relate to this one very much. Amazing what thoughts over take us when we are incapable of sleep. Sometimes I think I suffer from sleep deprivation, at other times I think I deprive myself of sleep merely to compensate being deprived of other things. If I sleep soundly I dream and sometimes those dreams are far worse than lack of sleep ever could be, that, coupled with the fact I spent 17 years sleeping on alert, does not allow sleep to come easily.

------------------
"The role of the writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anais Nin

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 1999-09-12 01:05 AM

Ok, this took some thought but I think I have it... I let me go I need you. Is this it??? Challenging me when I am so sleepy. LOL
desperado
since 1999-05-24
Posts 312
FT Hood,Tx
3 posted 1999-09-12 01:12 AM

just a quick observation first... are you saying that since it doesn't deserver a title that it doesn't deserve a response either??? hehe =-)

really though, I did like the way you had the letters capitalized and the way it formed a sentence (or phrase or whatever... *note to self... pettition for more hours in the day to make up for lost sleep...*) this really must have taken more than just a few minutes of thought to put together. if it didn't, then maybe I should track you down and ask you to do some english homework for my friends in college....

enjoyed it, although I spent more time trying to find the sentence than actually reading the poem. otherwise great poem and the title kind of fits... (in some sleep deprived way that makes sense... *note to self... am I the only one who thinks these things???*)

*yes*

damnit! and the doctors said I was cured!

=-)

Alain DeLaCendres
since 1999-07-02
Posts 119
Ohio
4 posted 1999-09-12 01:20 AM

Thanks hoot_owl_rn..I understand about the dreams..all too well sometimes..I'll take a short dreamless sleep over a long dream filled one anyday...

Not bad WhtDove, not bad at all.. the phrase is "LET ME GO I NEED YOU"..

desperado..hehe, it might not deserve a title, but I'm always open to responses! And to be totally honest with you..this poem was written in less than two minutes..then I got the idea of the phrase..and I just got lucky..the words were just there..no preplanning to it..just rambled out the poem, and right there was the phrase in it..took less than four minutes in all I suppose..
Tell those college friends of yours that I do the first assignment free, but everyone after that is gonna cost them... :->

Thanks everyone.

------------------
Tout s'en va, tout passe, l'eau coule, et le couer oublie.

[This message has been edited by Alain DeLaCendres (edited 09-12-99).]

Dragoness
since 1999-08-07
Posts 513

5 posted 1999-09-12 09:16 PM

Nicely done Alain.You have been missed!

------------------
Set you heart free and your mind will follow.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 1999-09-12 09:24 PM

Very clever! I liked the poem and the 'hidden message'...what will you all think of next...not only do I have to read down the left side of the poem..sometimes the right, now I have to look out for capital letters within the poem itself! Amazing! Simply amazing. Did I say I liked this?

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
7 posted 1999-09-12 10:31 PM

Glad to have you back. I love your hidden message-you should check out all the acrostics we have had here lately. Well spoken!

------------------
*Elizabeth*

"Dwelt a maid belov'd and cherish'd by high and low,
But with autumn leaf she perish'd, long time ago..."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » This Doesn't Deserve A Title

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary