navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Rape
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom

0 posted 1999-09-09 08:52 PM

Okay, most will hate this...but I'm trying to bring about subjects that count as well, that matter and that people feel ashamed about...I don't, but then I lived them..I am talking of a long while ago...

Rape!

You love and you trust
not always the clear
idea of rape
sometimes it's through
kidnap or sheer force
but rape is through decline
and saying no
but held by fear alone
a strength greater than yours
it's no joke
it's not fun
and it hurts
there's no love
and no joy
only pain
left to bleed
and torn apart
but to me
lovemaking is special
I give of myself
freely
willingly
joyfully
but
rape
takes every tiny speck
of human love
and respect for yourself
away
makes you feel unclean
dirty
and makes it hard to trust
and so I like many others
always end up saying
Can I trust you?
and if so why?

I apologise for the subject matter but I feel that so many people go through this and never really get their true feelings out in the open ..what I've left unsaid, is that some of these acts that you may have been forced to go through with someone cruel but yet want to give those same things with so much love and don't know how to...

so, moderators willing...I'm bringing it out in the open but not as a victim but as a survivor...thanks to my friends!

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 09-09-99).]

© Copyright 1999 Cindy Jones - All Rights Reserved
caroline
since 1999-08-16
Posts 1218
http://members.xoom.com/belladona123/index.htm
1 posted 1999-09-09 09:00 PM

Rainbow your courage is amazing, and so appreciated. Some can never speak on this topic, it is too painful...but to read your words is a great comfort. Thank you...and many hugs.

------------------
The only man worth your tears will never make you cry...

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
2 posted 1999-09-09 09:11 PM

Caroline

My pleasure...it took me an awfully long while to even say what had happened...my daughter was born of this and thinking of the future, for her, I never brought charges but I have so much love for women so cruelly hurt, divested of their trust in mankind...so many believe, it was their fault..it WASN'T and ISN'T...but memories live on and it takes a huge ammount of compassion, love and ultimate trust to go to a place where life was dark before but can be light in the future...

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

3 posted 1999-09-09 09:13 PM

Rainbow

Rape is probably the only subject that I couldn’t write about, I cannot attempt to comprehend the motives or reasons behind such a terrible act. I commend your strength in the face of this most heinous crime and your bravery in putting your feelings into words.

And send Hugs

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 1999-09-09 09:17 PM

You continue to amaze me, dear friend! Not only with your poetic talent, but with your attitude! To have survived this terrible crime and not hold it in front of you like a shield, fending off any closeness with other people is a sign that you are a very special lady. I am glad you posted this poem, it's dramatically done..format especially...and I'm glad you've come to Passions...we are so blessed to have you here!

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
5 posted 1999-09-09 09:21 PM

Craig

There are good men and there are evil men, just like we have people that hate racists...not all men are the same, it just feels like it...but with experience, the love of men that are friends and the trust of someone who was special...what am I saying here?...These feelings need to be talked about, we don't need the ooohs and arrhs but ears, gentle kindness and a reason to beleive, once more!...and thank heavens there are men around that love with their minds, bodies and hearts...and amen to that!

Hugs

You brave soul!

------------------

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
6 posted 1999-09-09 09:24 PM

Rainbow, It's true. This is very strong and uncomfortable subject matter; but I also think that it is an unfortunate fact of life that can and should be brought out in the open.You handled this piece with courage and the grace that is you....Thank you for sharing

------------------

May your days be filled with lots of sunshine and your nights lit up by golden moonbeams

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
7 posted 1999-09-09 09:26 PM

Rainbow...I like your comment "not as a victim, but as a survivor" although I prefer to think of myself as an overcomer!
Hugs
Ruth

------------------
"Nobody has measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold" ~Zelda Fitzgerald

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
8 posted 1999-09-09 09:32 PM

PDV

Thank you..:-)))

But I did fend off for a long time, lived as a beautiful woman but in looks only, never gave....giving meant trusting and that wasn't for me...but...2 years ago I came on and talked about it and came across compassion and trust...Toe, Suthern and JTF being some of those that lended a hand...it took me 21 years...but I will admit to loving children and animals 150% in that time...after all, what they needed was HUGS..and those I have to give...it's trust that's my problem...you have to earn it with me and so many people resent being asked why?

HUGS

Thanks for understanding...here's hoping trust will be given and accepted in true faith!

------------------

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
9 posted 1999-09-09 09:52 PM

Pepper

I'm a talker, people person...some things live deep within your heart and need a special understanding...I can't say I give that, but i can say that I hope, I try to trust and hope it will not let me down...we humans are funny creatures, you know, we're the only ones that cry?..:-)) Guess we're the only ones that hug as well..:-))

Thanks for the response..:-))

HUGS

Hoot

ROFL at Overcoming...ooops...drat that sexy mind of mine..and yep, one can be sexy after the event...hmmmm, or maybe I'm weird.. )

HUGS...thank you!

------------------

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 09-10-99).]

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

10 posted 1999-09-09 09:56 PM

Big hugs to you Rainbow. I'm impressed by your courage in making yourself vulnerable to us. Thankyou for this gift of yourself, your pain has obviously helped to give you that bright loving spark you have!
redwriter1
since 1999-07-22
Posts 480
Franklin, TN
11 posted 1999-09-09 11:16 PM

You have an incredible talent, the one of being able to write..

It heals all things. But once it's been written, it's time to throw it away and don't let it poison your life. I have some experience in this area and I only know that there are some that can never let go of the pain.. and others than ignore it.

What you are doing is probably the best. Talk about it. write about it. but eventually, you have to let it go. If you don't then the abuser wins and you lose. They remain to have a hold on your thoughts.
Please don't allow that to happen. (smile)

Maybe someday I will have the courage to tell stories of my own but for now I will just have to admire yours.
Thanks. Red

Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
12 posted 1999-09-10 02:12 AM

Rainbow: Yours is a strength I commend. Not only in that you have the courage, but the willingness to openly address something most of mainstream society is still so unwilling to speak of, rape! Please do not apologies for ever bringing forth such subjects for silence only adds to the legitimacy of such deeds. Nor should you apologies for your poetry that helps us all come closer to understanding what it means to suffer such an attack. Your healthy attitude shows you've come a long way and I think it would be a disservice to others to hide your achievement. Thank you for sharing all that you have.
JTF
since 1999-08-09
Posts 319
France
13 posted 1999-09-10 04:01 AM

I can only agree with the previous comments ... Mousey you brought a tear and a smile ... I'm proud of you ...
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
14 posted 1999-09-10 06:51 AM

As you replied to mine, so I'll reply to yours... HUSG. *S*
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
15 posted 1999-09-10 07:20 AM

Hoot

It's only as I read again this morning that I realise my humour was a bit off...it wasn't meant to belittle, just a nervous reaction and I guess a way to lighten the moment...big hugs to you

All

Thanks for the encouragement ...

...now go and read "he didn't win" by redwriter1....that's one of the best compliments I ever received...thanks Red..:-))

HUGS all

------------------

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
16 posted 1999-09-10 10:33 AM

Rainbow, I am glad you found strength and courage to write about this. You are a strong person, you do hold such a wonderful attitude about you!!! God Bless ya, and thank you for sharing this!
DBeth
since 1999-09-09
Posts 110
providence,ky.42450
17 posted 1999-09-10 01:06 PM

Rainbow I am glad you have the courage to speak out on such a personal issue.I am dealing with the issue myself.But unlike you I still find it hard to talk about. I never told anyone.I'm trying to deal with it on my own.It's good you have friends to help you through this.My thoughts are with you. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DBeth
miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
18 posted 1999-09-10 01:25 PM

thank you for sharing this with us RG. through my poem -abortion- you sent me many hugs, so now it's your turn to be hugged.
HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG and many many more.

your friend,
miriam

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
19 posted 1999-09-10 01:41 PM

WhtDove: Thank you...:-)))

HUGS

DBeth: if you need or want to talk, I'm around..I'm on ICQ if you have it...:-))

Hugs sweetheart

Miriam: Thanks..I'm glad you feel better about things...:-)) Much better out than in, as they say...

Hugs...oops, you asked about ICQ...it's a chat tool that's free that enable you to talk in real time but if you're working and have a firewall, you won't be able to use it, just do a search using "ICQ"..:-))

------------------

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
20 posted 1999-09-10 04:32 PM

I have come to admire you tremendously, Rainbow. You are very special.

Asking someone if you can trust them, though, is an enigma. If you are going to believe what they say, then you trust them already. If you're not, then their answer is unimportant. Words will not guarantee trust. Only actions will. Look for the actions.

The Spanish have a saying...."What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." Listen for that language......

jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA
21 posted 1999-09-10 05:12 PM

Hey Rainbow,

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth. Very good poem. I especially liked the way you put certain words by themselves for emphasis. I think you should have done the same with the last 'Why'. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. God bless you for having her. God always turns around evil for good, if we allow him to. Sometimes even if we try not to allow him to. Anyway, you truly are an example for all. God bless

Jfreak

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
22 posted 1999-09-10 05:26 PM

Balladeer

Thank you my friend...wise words and I shall act on them..:-))

HUSG

Jfreak

Thank you...:-))

HUGS

------------------

Sue
since 1999-08-04
Posts 383
France
23 posted 1999-09-10 05:41 PM

RainbowGirl, it is a sign of enormous trust that you post this powerful poem. I am proud to be a member here - not only because there is someone with your courage and talent, but also for all the wonderful warm people who have responded.
I wish you well, you deserve it!

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
24 posted 1999-09-10 05:56 PM

RainbowGirl: I think you are right that a lot of people go through it. It happens too much. From experience, yes, it hurts and you never forget, not one single second of it. Thank you for sharing those feelings.

------------------
*shadowy-one*

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
25 posted 1999-09-15 12:21 PM

Rainbow...I am glad you shared your poem with everyone!!! That is what poetry is for...to let others into your world and to comfort those who can relate, and to let others know that they are not alone in this strange world!!

Thank You!!

Justbleu

------------------
"Is she living in a dream, Is she playing make-believe???"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Rape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary