navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Second Best tell me what ya think
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Second Best tell me what ya think Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AliceInWonderLand
since 1999-09-23
Posts 5
Philadelphia

0 posted 1999-09-23 01:47 AM

*SECOND BEST*

You said that girl you kissed last night met nothing,and you'll never see her again, so I take you back on your word, and I take all your new promises and place them with the empty ones I already heard.

And still, I take you back, even with all this pain and worry lied upon my chest, but I guess its something I have to settle for when I settle for second best.

And maybe you don't know how much you hurt me or maybe that is what you like, but I always seem to let you..... And I don't know why I let this go so far, maybe I'm just afraid to be alone, or maybe pain is the only real thing I ever knew....

I feel like I'm going backwards up a slide and its all my fault that my life is such a mess, but I guess its something that I want, but I don't want to settle for, but I don't think i deserve more than second best

© Copyright 1999 AliceInWonderLand - All Rights Reserved
Julie
since 1999-08-20
Posts 739
Houston, TX
1 posted 1999-09-23 02:33 AM

I enjoyed reading this. To critique...
remove where you can the "I's"; and I would change only real thing I ever knew to real
thing I know; you can afford to remove the
word all in front of fault. Be sure not
to lose your meaning when editing.

*Be sure YOU know (if this is now)
that he is getting 1st class.
I hope I am the first to say...
WELCOME TO PASSIONS!

------------------
Julie
-------------------------
..."to thine own self be true."
>William Shakespeare

anonymousposter
since 1999-09-23
Posts 3

2 posted 1999-09-23 02:17 PM

I agree with the above comment. The word "I" is overutilized. But other than that, it reminds me of something I went through when I was a young lad. Keep writing!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Second Best tell me what ya think

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary