navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » The Orphanage
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Orphanage Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom

0 posted 1999-09-21 05:12 PM

The big oak door stands before me
neither open nor closed
but ajar
enter or not
be friendly or caring
or be a stranger
Multitude of faces
some smiling
some crying
some needing
some not even trusting
anymore
I walk through the door
pushing it open
never knowing
who will still be there
children in care
Dormitories
devoid of possessions
mostly bare
but eyes that smile
still alive with hope
eyes that stare
will 'I' be the one
to give them love and care?

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

© Copyright 1999 Cindy Jones - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 1999-09-21 05:19 PM

And you will... again and again!
jewl
since 1999-09-20
Posts 4

2 posted 1999-09-21 05:19 PM

I really loved this..it was beautifuly written.
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
3 posted 1999-09-21 05:37 PM

Suthern: Yep, that I will...

HUSG

jewl:..Thank you...I can tell you, there is nothing quite like the experience of dressing for a date with a 5 year old boy..

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
4 posted 1999-09-21 05:48 PM

wow, dressing for a date with a 5 year old boy, that statement packs almost as much wallop as the poem does, love them both, love you too!
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
5 posted 1999-09-21 06:02 PM

Iloveit

But I left the best bit out....the kiss!..Ever had a pair of arms that can't quite span your waist or when you have to bend so little arms can go round your neck but I do know that most will have heard the words.."I love you", but maybe not quite like these were heard...made me cry...so innocently said but with such total love....yep, I'm in love...

Love you too...

HUSG

------------------

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 09-21-1999).]

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
6 posted 1999-09-21 07:58 PM

Rainbow....Yes, I definately think you will be

------------------
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" ~Albert Camus

JTF
since 1999-08-09
Posts 319
France
7 posted 1999-09-22 03:51 AM

of course you will sweetheart ... and imagine what's going through the heart of this little boy ... expecting the date with his good fairy ... you're his only ray of sunshine ..
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
8 posted 1999-09-22 11:02 AM

Hoot: Thank you, I do love children, always have done, they're such wonderful little people..

Hugs

JTF: Well, what went through his mind was "can I have another burger?"..Does your car really play cd's? and finally, "can I have another icecream?" (that was his 2nd)..bless him..

Husg

------------------

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
9 posted 1999-09-22 11:10 AM

I've dated the most wonderful gal in the world....many times....All the hugs, the kisses, (some with Ice Cream attached), taken her out for dinner, to the show, (never the Spice Girls again though), and I'll have to admit....the best dates I've ever had were with my little girl. The "I love you's" are so genuine, the hugs are so warm, the looks received from eyes so blue give chills...And, there's one thing that will cure one of them morning erections quicker than "the act"....and that's to roll over in bed to play with the wife, and two big blue eyes meet ya and say; "Da-Da"........and that too is a wonderful experience!!!
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
10 posted 1999-09-22 11:18 AM

I have used the phrase of wanting to be "half the man my dog thinks I am" before but it pales in comparison to being "half the man my small child thinks I am". Wonderful writing, Rainbow.
moonmoon
since 1999-08-13
Posts 277
TX , USA
11 posted 1999-09-22 01:56 PM

Yes Rainbow, well written...Nothing can beat the angelic company of a child...

Thanks for the read..

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
12 posted 1999-09-22 06:37 PM

RainbowGirl, a beautiful tribute for the children. I was in an orphanage myself for four months, though I don't remember only being a baby. I'm glad those children have someone as special as you in their lives..they need all the loving they can get!

------------------
A hero is a man who does what he can.
~Isis~
(The Fragile Rose)

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
13 posted 1999-09-22 07:05 PM

Toe:

Can't say I have experience of the latter part of your post, you know the bit that goes up and then deflates..*g* but I can associate with the icecream...LOL

Hugs darling, thanks for sharing another part of you, makes you all the more special..

HUSG

Balladeer

Half a man??, not in my book sunshine...my thoughts will be with you..

HUSG

moonmoon

Thanks, did I say angelic??..*g*..of course they are, even when they're not...

HUGS

Isis

Well, sweetheart, I really don't know what to say here...I hope you found love, happiness and security, and no matter your current circumstances, remember that if you reach out, there are always arms to hold you, although they may not be tangible...

HUGS

------------------

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
14 posted 1999-11-30 09:50 PM

See, RainbowGirl - Two hearts reach out and touch ... knowing full well ... the other needs our hugs.

You are just wonderful !
Love from your friend, ~Marge~

------------------
~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » The Orphanage

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary