navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » I'd like your opinions on this please.
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'd like your opinions on this please. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Starith
since 1999-08-18
Posts 176
Leesburg, FL USA

0 posted 1999-09-20 11:26 PM

Give up they tell me,
Run away.
Shelter they say they'll give me,
But I've found none to this day.
No place that I can go
Where you won't find me there.
It's not really that you know
Where I am or even that you care.

The simple fact is you see,
That if I ran away
It would not be you, but me
To find the place I stay
Not you phsically,
But the you that lives here inside of me,
The you that lives in my memeory,
The you from whom I can't break free.

------------------
We are only truly apperciated after we are no more!

© Copyright 1999 Starith - All Rights Reserved
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
1 posted 1999-09-20 11:29 PM

Nicely done and I truly appreciate you know you don't have to wait until you are no more...:

------------------
Words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels.
~Isis~

Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
2 posted 1999-09-20 11:36 PM

**applause**

Your pain is quite naked in this one ... well done.

Nocht

------------------
"Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morierus"
(Now as I hear this bell tolling softly for another, it says to me, "Thou must die.")

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
3 posted 1999-09-20 11:50 PM

It's scarey how what he hold inside seems to control how we live our lives. Overcoming memory can be near impossible at times. You have conveyed this message well.

Michael

Starith
since 1999-08-18
Posts 176
Leesburg, FL USA
4 posted 1999-09-20 11:55 PM

Thank you Isis and Nocth.

Michael: I am truly humbled by your responce...thank you for your kind words. I believe that if there is time you can over come anything...even you own memories..but I do agree that some memories seem almost impossible to get past.

Once again thank you all.

Star

------------------

[This message has been edited by Starith (edited 09-22-1999).]

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
5 posted 1999-09-21 10:36 AM

I really like this one

------------------
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" ~Albert Camus

Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
6 posted 1999-09-21 11:17 AM

starith i understand this so completely, some memories we fight to be free from are in the past, and some are controlling our every day...big hugs, great poem
Starith
since 1999-08-18
Posts 176
Leesburg, FL USA
7 posted 1999-09-21 12:31 PM

Thank you.

Hoot: Such a short responce, yet from a poet like yourself it means so much. Thank you.

Loveit: Thank you also...for the hugs and the praise. I know how it feels to read a poem that you can understand and that touches your soul, I am always awe strucken when one of my own can do such a thing.

Thank you all again.

Star

------------------

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
8 posted 1999-09-21 06:20 PM

Starith: Bad memories never cease but good memories help to take the shadow off them until gradually they become distanced and even remote from us...it takes time and lots of perseverance...but it can happen, trust me!

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
9 posted 1999-09-21 06:39 PM

Tormenting memeories. You have done a good job with this. May happier memories come!
Starith
since 1999-08-18
Posts 176
Leesburg, FL USA
10 posted 1999-09-22 11:22 AM

Thank you for the hugs Rainbow...I do need them today. I know that these memories will become less and less...but it's the right now that is the hard part. I don't want anyone to read more into the poem than is there mind you. I wrote this about a lost love that just seems to linger there...just when I think I've gotten over it for good I turn around and it's back. I look forward to the day that I can say...and truly mean.. I'm over him for good. I'll let you know when that day happens, I'm sure the forums will still be here.

WhiteDove: Thank you. And happier memories are building up slowly. There is one thing that I can say is always true about my poetry, my feelings are plain as day for anyone who really looks. I used to be afraid to let anyone see or read my poems for that reason. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be posting it anywhere...Least of all on the internet.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! You all make my days a little brighter and my nights a little later.

Star

------------------

[This message has been edited by Starith (edited 09-22-1999).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » I'd like your opinions on this please.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary