navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Okay, I Was Nice To Balladeer For Almost An Hour.
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Okay, I Was Nice To Balladeer For Almost An Hour. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a

0 posted 1999-09-03 02:30 PM

I know a guy named Balladeer,
He read the paper every day.
But what was strange and very queer,
Was that the "obits" what made his day?

He'd write down the obituaries,
Every day he did the same,
Then take his phone directory,
And then cross out the names.

Then one early morning, while reading the "obits",
He ran across his own name, this caused him such a fright,
So he thought he'd better make some calls,
To get this mis-print right.

His boss was who he called first,
to tell him it wasn't true,
But he had already read the news,
And had called the florist too!

He got his boss on the phone,
And his reply left him quite numb,
He said, "Just tell me something Balladeer,
Which place you calling from?"

[This message has been edited by Toerag (edited 09-03-99).]

© Copyright 1999 Toerag - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 1999-09-03 02:35 PM

After all the acrostics, I have to read everything down the left side! LOL. And that's tough... it's asking quite enough of a blonde to read the horizontal words without adding a vertical challenge! LOL

Great poem, sweets... But yanno... as much as I hate to admit that 'Deer might go to heaven (though I simply can't imagine him in any angelic choir! LOL)... I have to believe that you and he both have your tickets on that upward route. *G* Hell is supposed to be a place of horror... If y'all went there with your wit and wisdom and smiles, it suddenly wouldn't be a punishment for everyone else down there! LOL

So keep on giving 'Deer his hot seat here... we wouldn't want him to miss out! *G*

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
2 posted 1999-09-03 02:46 PM

Suthern...yanno what's so great about this place and people?...Ya can play around, stick it to folks, harass, and act like a lunatic like I do....and no one gets angry.....Not like the place we came from at all is it?...I remember having to explain and apologize all the time at the "other" place....and it just lost it's enjoyment didn't it?....With folks like Balladeer and all the others...yanno it's all taken in fun....guess knowing how LongJohn is...that's why he came here too!
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
3 posted 1999-09-03 02:51 PM

LOL...Toe! You getting back to normal ey?
Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
4 posted 1999-09-03 02:54 PM

Ding! Round Three... And they're comin' out swingin'! Pop Corn! Get your hot buttered Pop Corn! That'll be a buck twenty five please. Thanks. Nothin' like a ring side seat to catch all the action.
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
5 posted 1999-09-03 02:55 PM

Toerag: Absolutely, sweets... Balladeer gets fired up all right from your harassing... just to sling it right back at you! *G* Which is an incredible relief after insult with intent to hurt being looked for and put into every word. And that Craig character just seems to have one major flaw (one you share *G*) of not appreciating his own talent enough. Lucie and PDV keep me laughing, WhtDove and Seymour keep me thinking... the people here are great and I can't say enough good about them (even though that does put me in LJA's debt and I HATE that! LOL. On second thought... he didn't tell ME about the forum... and I don't mind being in YOUR debt! LOL) Nan is tolerant of our shenanigans... and teaching me about poetry whether I can ever put my "larnin'" into my own work or not... *S* I can't tell Ron enough how much this place is appreciated... (Though after the crash of open #1, I think he guessed! LOL)

[This message has been edited by suthern (edited 09-03-99).]

Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston
6 posted 1999-09-03 03:36 PM

Toe you are the best..hehe..did you catch a glimpse of that critic guy who was giving me such a hard time? Like magic... *POOF* be gone.

Southern..thanks for the mention. If I can make one person laugh (and not just myself). I'm doin my job! haha

Lorelei54
since 1999-07-27
Posts 458

7 posted 1999-09-03 03:39 PM

'Deer...are you tired of Toe pickin' on you yet? I bet you odds that LJA will be back in here come Tue or Wed givin' ya'll both the devil..so get ready. Looks like Y2K is gone for the time being..YIPPPPEEEE

Get your pens ready boys...he's gonna need some real challenges to get him going again!

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 1999-09-03 06:04 PM

I just don't understand. I spend my hard earned free time to create a glowing tribute of my friendship to you and this is the gratitude I get. I am stunned.......
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 1999-09-03 06:18 PM

Mr. Rag, may I call you Toe?
Fine effort here, but if 'deer called his boss, he'd be calling himself and if he dialed that number, since he's the one on the other end wouldn't it just ring busy?

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
10 posted 1999-09-05 10:14 AM

LOL.....This is hilarious!! The perfect beginning to an otherwise boring day (work ya know) Anyway thanks for the laugh.

------------------
Words lay dormant in the recesses of the mind til called forth to a labor of love. By WildChild

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
11 posted 1999-09-16 12:47 PM

This place is so hilarious!!! I'm enjoying every minute!!!

Keep me laughing guys!!!

Thanks for making me smile!!

------------------
"Is she living in a dream, Is she playing make-believe???"
Justbleu

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
12 posted 2006-08-19 07:01 AM

Sending this to the top to celebrate Mike.s birthday
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Okay, I Was Nice To Balladeer For Almost An Hour.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary