navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Not a bug, more like a request
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not a bug, more like a request Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BlOoD TiEs
since 1999-10-02
Posts 30
New York City

0 posted 2005-10-18 02:39 AM

I want all my past posts to not have my real name as a copy right. I changed it in the members area, but it doesnt have any effect on posts already made.

If you cant do that then please delete my old posts. The reason I am doing this is because I am finding that if someone searches my name in google, they can see my poems. I know I shouldn't have put my name there if I wanted to remain anonymous, but what are the odds that someone would who knows me would come to PIPs anyway?

Thanks for help.

PS I have another user name and dont anticipate using this one. If thats not allowed feel free to delete this account along with any posts made. Thank you.

© Copyright 2005 Wiser - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2005-10-18 07:34 AM

I've done a search on your originating posts and found them to total fewer than ten.  That's not a lot and won't make a huge job for anyone.  They all date back to 1999, though - and our philosophies have evolved a bit since the first days of these forums.

I don't have time to complete the job until later, but did update a couple just by bumping them.  That kicks in your new profile information.  I haven't looked at the rest yet, but I did find that you posted one in both Adult and Teen - That may be a problem.  We may be better just to delete the post in Teen, as it might be inappropriate for today's guidelines.  Would that do?

Other than those little glitches, I have no problem helping.  It's a quick fix...

BlOoD TiEs
since 1999-10-02
Posts 30
New York City
2 posted 2005-10-18 08:31 AM

If I remember correctly the post that was in adult, was deleted off of the teen forum for being to risque and moved to adult.

Specifically it is this thread that I want to be updated. This is the one that comes up on search engines when my name is typed in.
/pip/Forum9/HTML/000743.html
Thanks for the help.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2005-10-18 08:56 AM

Done...
BlOoD TiEs
since 1999-10-02
Posts 30
New York City
4 posted 2005-10-18 09:04 AM

Thanks....Now I have to wait for google to cache the site....
Last time they did it was on 1/12/05.....

I might have a wait on my hands.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2005-10-18 10:33 AM

Google's crawling activities are rule entirely by links. The more links Googlebot sees to a page, the more frequently he will return to index that page. So, the new link in this thread might help a bit getting it visited sooner. If you can get another site or two to link to the page, that will also likely speed up the process.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Not a bug, more like a request

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary