navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Today's Topics and new pages
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic Today's Topics and new pages Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas

0 posted 2004-11-18 10:15 AM

I generally keep Today's Topics open and when I click a link, it opens in a new page, and that is well and good.  If I reply to a topic in that new window, then click another link in the Topics page, the second page refreshes with the new data, and that is well and good.  However, if in that reply page I click anything else - such as dictionary.com, topic review, ubb code help - which creates a popup page, clicking a different link in the Topics page opens a third new page instead of refreshing the second one.  Is the 'create new page' code burping, is this purely browser related, or a combination?

I almost exclusively use Firefox.

© Copyright 2004 Alastair Adamson - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2005-04-01 12:44 PM

I also use the Firefox browser.
This week, I noticed when I sign on to Pips, it is showing my last visit as 12/08/04, even though I have been posting in 2005. I'm not worried about it, just wondering if I need to remove and redo my cookies?

Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
2 posted 2005-04-01 06:12 PM

And now, for a totaly off topic reply.....

I like your picture Alicat, nice vibes.

Michelle

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2005-04-01 06:47 PM

Mmm. Don't know how I missed this the first time around.

Ali, that seems to be an unavoidable side-effect of the way FF's popup blocker works. I might even go so far as to call it a FF bug? It's a shame there's no code, yet, to open pages in a new tab instead of a new window. Unfortunately, tabbed browsers are still too new for that to have become part of the DOM. Until then, I'll personally keep using right-click on most links.

Kacy, clearing your cookies would seem to be a reasonable thing to try. Your indicators (the colored folders) won't work properly until you do.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2005-04-01 06:51 PM

Just tested again, since I upgrade FF to 1.02, with same affects.  Really no biggie, since I normally don't have new pages open in tabs but in new windows.  If I want a page open in a tab, I tell it to open in a tab.     Just one of those annoyances stemming from Opera which my SO really likes.

Also, I have cookie exemptions to allow piptalk.com, as well as popup blocker to allow piptalk.com.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2005-04-12 08:32 PM

Ron, I have cleared the cookies two or three times now, and the date last visited is once again showing 12/08/2004, though it did show today's date on one or two occasions. Maybe something is corrupted on my PC?
YIKES!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Today's Topics and new pages

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary