navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Invisible Replies
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic Invisible Replies Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Secret Whisper
since 2001-01-25
Posts 298
Through the Looking Glass

0 posted 2002-08-06 03:27 PM

I have a slight problem. I recieved two emails saying that such and such person has replied to my post. AND in the Main Forum it shows that there are TWO replies to my post... but when I open it... there are no replies. What am I doing wrong??

"See, no one loves..." - Prayers for Rain

© Copyright 2002 Alice Lynn Wagner - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2002-08-06 03:39 PM

You have the ever-so common caching bug.

Go to the Member's Area in the menu at the top of the page, then click on the Troubleshooting Guide link. There's an article under Common Problems about caching, called "I can't see the post I just made!" In your case, of course, you can't see the posts someone else just made. But the cause is the same, as explained in the article, and the resolution (where possible) is also the same.

Secret Whisper
since 2001-01-25
Posts 298
2 posted 2002-08-06 03:47 PM

And see... now I was sent another email saying that my first Bug Swatter post had been replied to... but I can't see any reply here. Is it my computer?

Secret Whisper
since 2001-01-25
Posts 298
3 posted 2002-08-06 03:53 PM

It has been resolved... thanks for the help.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » Invisible Replies

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary