navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » incorrect email flag.
Bug Swatter
Post A Reply Post New Topic incorrect email flag. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........

0 posted 2002-02-21 06:01 AM

I keep getting this message after posting a new topic in the forums

"Thanks for posting your message, cherish! We are now taking you back automatically to the topic list for Teen Chat.

You email address is currently flagged as incorrect. Please check your profile. Please wait three seconds. "

my email is correct, and its working, i just understand why i get that message(which, no doubt im going to get yet again once i press submit here)

Zombie

Torn are her limbs
By quiet hands that
Tug life(color) out of her.
Gnawing edges round
Into a broken(satisfying)
Shadow

© Copyright 2002 cherish - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2002-02-21 10:12 AM

I don't keep a record of bounced email, Cherish, but suspect this one happened some time back (if only because I don't remember it).

When someone turns on the Notify Me flag and the system can't get through to their email address, the notification bounces into my mail box. I usually ignore the first few, but eventually I flag the email account as "bad" so the bounces will stop.

What causes an email address to go bad? Sometimes, it's simply a matter of hotmail's server having a problem for a few hours. That happens a lot more than most people realize. The most common cause, however, is the limits set by hotmail (or yahoo or msn or whoever). If your hotmail box gets too full, hotmail will refuse to accept more messages. Those bounce to me. And I turn off your email flag.

If you are sure the email address is again valid, you can go into your Profile and remove the Bad Email flag. The instructions are there, in your Profile.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Bug Swatter » incorrect email flag.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary