navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Hey Santa
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hey Santa Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa

0 posted 1999-12-06 01:17 AM

Hey Santa

After coming down the chimney Santa tip toed across the living room being careful not to wake little Timmy who was sleeping on the couch.  He took out a new slid from his bag for Timmy's older brother Johnny and a life size doll for his older sister Becky placing them next to the tree.  Turning around walking carefully across the living room while keeping an eye on Timmy, confident that he hadn't woke him.  When he was about to go up the chimney, little Timmy called out to him while sitting up. "How about me Santa?  Why didn't I get anything?"

Santa put his hands on his chest and grimaced "Well Timmy," he said, " You haven't been good this year."

Timmy was immediately ferrous. "Yes I was! Who said I wasn't?"

"It's like this Timmy." he explained "Santa knows when children have been naughty or nice and quite truthfully you haven't been nice."

"Oh yes I have!" Timmy demanded. "You tell me when I haven't?" his face turning red.

"Just last week you pulled up Johnny's underwear under his pants so hard you give him a rash.  That very same day you pulled Becky's hair so hard you made her head bleed." Santa said feeling embarrassed to have to explain. "You don't deserve anything this year."

"Perhaps you right Santa." Timmy said "Perhaps I don't deserve anything this year." Taking a deep breath blowing it out hard. "So I guess I'll bust Johnny's sled and twist the head off Becky's doll."

"That would be awful knotty Timmy." Santa said "You truly wouldn't?  Would you?"

Timmy looked up and thought, pondering if he should. "Well Santa." he said "I've already been bad this year. So it wouldn't matter.  I could start being good next year. So there." being a smart ass.

Santa scratched his head. "Well Timmy I simply don't know what to do about you.  Santa doesn't spank bad children." Taking a deep breath letting it out slow. "And he most certainly doesn't want you to destroy his presents that he give your brother and sister."  Thinking long and hard. "I'll make you a deal.  If it's all right with you?"

Timmy felt proud of himself knowing he had Santa in a spot.  "And what would that be Santa?" he asked.

"Santa could give you a toy.  If you promised not to destroy the other toys. Is that all right with you?"  Santa said.

"Well that would depend on what toy it would be, weather I'd agree. " Timmy said smiling.

"Oh, I have all kind of evil toys." Santa said "Blair Witch dolls, video games with killing and gore, I'm sure we can find something that would be right up your alley. Only if you promise to start being good from now on?"

Timmy thought, hey that would be great, but said. "Nay" instead. "I want more then one toy. I want them all!"

Santa was surprised from his response and disappointed with what he knew you had to do. So he packed up the Johnny's sled and Becky's doll too, put them in his bag and went right up the chimney leaving no toys at all.  But in his haste a present fell from his bag as he made his escape and there it lay, where Timmy quickly grabbed it while saying. "Mine.  Mine.  All mine." Writing his name on the tag laying it under the tree and went back to the couch to sleep.  When morning came his sister and brother woke him by their crying because they had not gotten anything from Santa.  Only one present was under the tree and it was for Timmy.  Who woke grinning and said. "See? Santa knew you were naughty and I was the only one who was nice.  So he left me a present."  Quickly rushing under the tree and started unwrapping his present, laughing.  Johnny and Becky were so upset they run to their rooms crying.  When Timmy unwrapped his present he found a lump of coal and a card that read, to all a merry Christmas.  Johnny and Becky found their gifts when they returned to their beds and Timmy learned a  lesson.  If you have a chance to make a deal. Don't get greedy or you'll end up with less instead.  Besides, everyone knows Santa's a soft guy, but he's certainly no fool.

1999 Merlyn Hearn  
All rights reserved

© Copyright 1999 merlynh - All Rights Reserved
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
1 posted 1999-12-06 10:56 PM

This is a story is something quite a few greedy kids should read.. I hope I'm not considered one of them!  Thanks for a good read, enjoyed  

"Human pride sings a vengeful song, inspired by the times you've been walked on" - Creed - "What If"

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 1999-12-07 12:12 PM

Merl...you have a most interesting style indeed!
ROFL!

Terrina Kethryveris
since 1999-12-06
Posts 53
USA
3 posted 1999-12-07 12:57 PM

Love it when those naughty boys are taught a lesson.  

Hmmm...speaking of naughty, have I been nice this year? Oh gee!

Terri

Truth be known, fantasy is much more appealing than reality.

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
4 posted 1999-12-07 01:10 AM

I enjoyed this.  It made me smile to read something a little more realistic on the thought of naughty children.  
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 1999-12-13 02:57 AM

I really enjoyed this Christmas story.  It has a wonderful flow and an important message.   James
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 1999-12-14 10:59 PM

Well done merl. I always enjoy your tales but this one was wonderful!
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
7 posted 1999-12-15 11:29 AM

Thank you for your replies.  It means alot to me to to know that others enjoy my writing.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2001-12-24 02:42 PM

And......bump!

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
9 posted 2001-12-29 04:01 PM

Thanks!  For the push up!  I had given up writing.  Or posting.
mauddib
since 2002-01-12
Posts 119
melbourne australia
10 posted 2002-01-21 04:24 PM

enjoyed the read
it bought a smile from me

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
11 posted 2002-01-31 03:01 PM

Thank you for your reply.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Hey Santa

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary