navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Passing
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Passing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Red
since 2000-01-01
Posts 143
Ca

0 posted 2021-08-05 12:55 PM

I haven't been here in many years, not sure why I thought of your love story today. Rivers of words and innocence; this was all another time, the tundra state before experience of high deserts and the real meaning of fires burning bright. There isn't much left after such discoveries beyond ash and the chalk of soot. Maybe fonts and forums and notes like this, maybe they still live on? Maybe, but there were no eyes then. There are a billion eyes now, and none simultaneously since we only see plagues, these days. But I tell you as I type these words, we live on. I'll leave you this note, maybe you will see it, more than likely not. Just know, I never burned in the flames. I will smolder for many lifetimes, passing by spaces in between my memories and dreams.

© Copyright 2021 Melissa - All Rights Reserved
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
1 posted 2021-08-16 10:27 PM

Simply gorgeous writing here! I keep reading things tonight that spark a longing for another time and another state of mind.  

"I know this love will tear me to pieces
I know his hands will dig up my secrets"

Meg Myers

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2021-08-28 01:39 AM

Delightful farewell. Thank you for this.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Passing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary