navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I'm Half Asleep
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm Half Asleep Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AllAnIllusion
since 2012-08-17
Posts 6

0 posted 2014-12-19 09:39 AM

Currently she's scared of herself. All she knows is the pressure of sadness banging against her skull. Maybe if it were to escape, her clarity would be less clouded. She's trapped inside her body with no way to get out. Stuck underneath skin that isn't hers. Peering out of eyes that she feels don't belong. She is unsure of how to save herself so she goes numb. Hopelessness leaves her stomach in knots. Emptiness engulfs her and leaves her with nothing but a sour taste in her mouth. She's trying her hardest to find an escape. So she'll prance freely through meadows hoping to find a piece of herself that actually belongs. Furiously searching for something that isn't there. She understands she won't find her answers here but a least it's a distraction.

We learn to distract but how is that going to help when we need to find our answers?

© Copyright 2014 Syd - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2015-02-28 08:10 PM

nice writing...james
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2018-04-04 03:23 PM

quote:
"We learn to distract but how is that going to help when we need to find our answers?
Maybe it buys us a little more time to keep searching...

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I'm Half Asleep

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary