navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Walk With Wally
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Walk With Wally Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2014-01-15 03:59 PM

To gain an appreciation for my story requires little more than a few moments of your precious time friend.

What's that?

You have more time than money?

I can change all that in a whiff and a whisker.
Speaking of whiskers, why not pour me a double and I'll tell you about it.

Well, it all started innocently enough this morning as I was taking Wally out for his daily dump. Wallys' my Labrador and believe it friend, when Wally pinches a loaf it don't go unnoticed.

Know what I mean?

Well, so I'm out walking on the boulevard see, and along comes this high-bred, uptown, fancy kind of dame with one of those Peekandsneeze kinda mutts tethered with a leash that could have been hocked to pay off a mortgage!

Know what I mean?

Diamond studded!

And as I'm sitting here with you friend, there was a collar what looked like cultured pearls around the neck of that mutt. Wally caught me while I was checking out the dish, and made a leap for the Peeker that might have cleared more luggage that O.J ever did!

Well the dame starts screaming and hollerin’ at the top of her lungs in such a fashion that Beverly Sills would have been envious of and me trying to get Wally off Zsa Zsa made quite a sight out there on the boulevard! I stumbled from the walkway to the grass wrestling with Wally who by now was all revved up and slobbering like Kid Rock in Pam Anderson's cleavage! The dame was still shattering crystal when she lost her grip on the Sak's Fifth Avenue leash and fell into the grass next to where I was taking a beating from Wally's wildly whipping tail! My grip on Wally was slipping the more he would sweat, and friend, when Wally was finally free, he raced after that squealing little babe of a mutt like Justin Bieber playing flag football with Selena Gomez!

It was then that one of the city's finest rode up on horseback to see me laying in the grass all covered in Wally's sweat with this screaming uptowner  flailing like a skydiver whose chute wouldn’t open! Next thing I knew I'd been carted off to the local pokey!

Well it took a little explaining but they let me go after I paid several fines for everything from no loaf-pinching mutts on the boulevard to aggravated assault of a Peeker! The dame wanted me to cover the cost of cleaning her grass-stained dress and replace the stones in the leash that slipped away with that pug-looking Peekandsneeze!

By the way friend, do you happen to know what the gestation period of a Peekandsneeze is?

How about another whisker?

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2014 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2014-01-15 04:27 PM

Giggles at the PeekAndSneeze!  Loved it!  Please give Wally (and Zsa Zsa if you have contact with her) a big hug from me and any little Labraneses he may have sired!

One tiny little thing - dogs don't sweat - except via their tongue.  

Owl

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2014-01-15 05:00 PM

Thanks so much for reading! Yes, I have been known to take 'literary license' with fictional characters in the past, but few of those efforts ever made it past the censors.

I admire your talents and kind responses.

Regards from Bluesy  

...just bein' Bluesy

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
3 posted 2014-01-16 04:12 AM

Thank you!

Owl

DaysofView
since 2014-04-01
Posts 433
Just A Slice Of The Pie
4 posted 2014-04-01 11:51 PM

I'm the Owl person on the Peekandsneeze! That's a giggler!

To call oneself a poet is a vain remark indeed. After you're dead, let others eulogize you as such if they feel you are worthy.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2015-10-30 09:53 PM

My mother used to have two of those peekasneezes...james
Mr Martini
Posts 366
Beneath The Line
6 posted 2015-11-22 10:17 PM

I'll take the whisker, you keep the peekinsneeze.

Here's to you and here's to me and should we ever disagree, here's to me!

Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
7 posted 2016-04-14 08:55 PM

Lot's of fun and grass stains in this one.

More feelings and fewer words please

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
8 posted 2017-06-01 04:35 PM

Thank you all! Wally's doin' fine!

...just bein' Bluesy

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
9 posted 2017-06-14 02:04 AM

Absolutely lovin' your your wittiness in this one. Very cute, Bluesy!

~misC

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
10 posted 2017-06-14 06:44 PM

You're a gem "M"!

Many thanks for your reply!

BTS

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Walk With Wally

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary