navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » INsecure
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic INsecure Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2011-06-28 10:23 PM

INsecure

The wind beats against my apartment like a swarm of bees. I must have been after the honey hidden in the subtle caresses of the summer breeze this morning. Sometimes when you want to feel so bad, any sense received develops into collages colors, tastes, and smells.  

When I was a little girl I was always told how pathetic I was. Somehow even when I am 25 years old, I am still a child looking up.

Even now as the passing train divides the sunset into periodic flashes of yielding, orange, light: I wonder if I should go or stay.

Still I worry if I can find a man who will love me for who I am, and that I can love him back.  

Juju

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

© Copyright 2011 Juju - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2011-07-02 07:02 PM

Fine writing...James
Anoo
since 2011-01-23
Posts 55
UK
2 posted 2011-10-26 10:43 AM

I enjoyed reading the emotions trapped in your lines.
Great writing.
Anoo

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
3 posted 2011-12-31 01:38 AM

It comes, my friend, it comes - in between looking and looking , it comes.

j.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2011-12-31 02:48 PM

I think every young woman feels this way at one time or another..but pathetic?? you? Never! and your picture shows your depth.

Hope you have a wonderful new year.

M

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
5 posted 2017-01-06 03:49 PM

The philosophy in your writing is tickling.

Have you ever known anyone who, while always expecting so much actually received so little in near-equal proportions?

Those who expect less and give more see their happy meter always rise high. If they do nothing but 'talk the talk', nothing will talk to them in return. By this time, you may have found a truth that wasn't "pathetic" and found it wasn't really hiding at all.      

...just bein' Bluesy

HM3
since 1999-07-15
Posts 169
TX
6 posted 2017-02-01 02:57 PM

"INsecure"

The title is almost code for I'm ok.

Work like money doesn't matter, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching...

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
7 posted 2017-06-14 10:46 AM

Juju,

How few words can forward such imagery is amazing! You had me hook, line, and sinker by the paragraph. Very strong, but elegant writing, Miss Juju. I have already spun back three times to re-read some of your lines and how they all fit together. As if in a stalled car, I sat in front of that train waiting for the next flicker of light to pass. Yes, and I remember waiting for that special someone, too. From your creativity,I'd say someone will be a lucky someone when the lights turn on! Way-to-go on being INsecure, as colors swirl in your mind!
     Excellent writing!

~`misC

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » INsecure

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary