navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mistakes
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mistakes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
priyanka
since 2009-06-15
Posts 216
india

0 posted 2011-10-03 07:44 PM

Mistakes

You wonder why people make them. Too late you realize you are one of them. It’s a blatant lie you tell yourself that this wasn't how it was supposed to be. For you have your reasons but is that supposed to make the other person feel better? Hardly! A mistake is just what it is with or without a reason. On the other hand one must consider intentions and realize that to feel content in life, it is rather important to accept a person’s- flaws and all. Perfection is a truth that lies in the eyes of the beholder, in his own sense he might be perfect, but to others flawed. Oh! But not like them, they have their reasons, no it’s a universal truth- perfection lies in flaws and as such an imperfect truth. Strangely enough everyone has a different way of looking at things, a photographer may find beauty in trash but saying so he has seen perfection in a rather unusual form. But there lies the important truth, look through the eyes of the photographer for in the trash you will find your flaws, and through his eyes had you seen it, you might have known yes that is perfection too.

A mistake twice made- not a mistake, a repeated offence. But perhaps the person who has repeated it might not find in the same way. He might wonder if this repeated offence was a mistake at all. Because in his eyes he sees only his reaction to a certain situation which might make him feel he has remained true to himself. No one likes a chameleon he’d say. Or that the particular person had brought that reaction out of him. So do we then consider the other person to be a partner to this mistake? He might believe that in his heart he was right. And that he wouldn't have behaved in this manner if not for this person who seemed to be getting such reactions out of him.

Understanding a mistake is not easy either. To you and me it might be- a mistake is just a mistake. But to person who has made one would only know what I mean- and by this I would mean everybody. He would go through a series of tumultuous emotions- unexplainable wondering, wanting to know why and wishing if only…

Intentions- never get them wrong. It's the most important of them all. Some, in fact many do have  cruel intentions and so nothing can be done about such kind because to them there is only but careful and meticulous planning to execute a plan with the wrong intentions, conspiring and conniving. The ironic part being we don't suspect them to be responsible but for the rest, the ones who have been clear about their mistakes- well they have had it. Not many would consider that at least they haven't leaded us into a facade of not having done anything wrong.  Some are plain irresponsible and may at least be told or learn to mend their ways. Some maybe too pre-occupied to have realized their mistake. But these are the ones which suffer for having faced the truth. One might argue that they made a mistake and hence they have to bear the consequences. What of the people who manage to escape unscathed- not wary from damage at all- if there was any.

Complex they are- these mistakes. Only hope lying in the fact that people may fathom and come out wiser of all these happenings. A silver lining!

Thought to ponder on- who are we to be questioning wondering what is what? - Beyonce
Perhaps life would answer that question.

© Copyright 2011 priyeah - All Rights Reserved
maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
1 posted 2011-10-03 09:20 PM

i loved it esp this part

But these are the ones which suffer for having faced the truth. One might argue that they made a mistake and hence they have to bear the consequences. What of the people who manage to escape unscathed- not wary from damage at all- if there was any.

i made a mistake and regretted it for 5 yrs and i thought that it was enough so thats why i wrote that spring poem but i always felt like tht why did i do it or why did it have to happen i was the one who got getting hurt anyways while the others are living happily and my fam members and my parents or the grown ups are just oblivious i lvoe it and agree with you

priyanka
since 2009-06-15
Posts 216
india
2 posted 2011-10-03 09:30 PM

Thank you. You know what I have realized, sometimes the only ones who give mistakes so much attention is the one who makes it. The others may not even think about it twice. One should just learn from it and let go...
maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
3 posted 2011-10-03 09:32 PM

not unless if someone created a scene and left you embarrassed and ashamed well its hard for me but im trying i hope u love my dark poems
priyanka
since 2009-06-15
Posts 216
india
4 posted 2011-10-03 09:40 PM

learn to forgive yourself. That is the most important part. And mistakes- A part of everyones life! Its been over and done with. What is the point of thinking so much about it. Just let go.

And yes I did like them , I din't read all of them though. Will do that in a while.

maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
5 posted 2011-10-06 12:46 PM

hehe thats good you should comment on them i really love this
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2011-12-27 08:53 PM

Mistakes...something we all have in common, some less & some more...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mistakes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary