navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » All I Want for Christmas is A Job
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic All I Want for Christmas is A Job Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2010-12-14 06:58 PM

All I Want for Christmas Is A Job

With UNEMPLOYMENT approaching 10% I was wondering why there are so few jobs in the United States, especially jobs offering a livable wage.

"In 1970, the largest U.S. Corporation was General Motors.  Today, the largest U.S. Corporation is Wal-Mart."...reference is "Take This Job and Ship It."  By Senator Byron L. Dorgon...page 3.

Neither Walmart nor K-Mart are going away and the Manufacturing jobs that went to China are long gone and will be gone for a long time.

"It is about a new business strategy in the U.S. to "OUTSOURCE" nearly everything.  In most cases the root of the decision is to get rid of American workers, especially those that have a Union Contract aand are making a good income with pension and health benefits, and replace them with lower-paid workers here and overseas."..."Take This Job and Ship It"...page 39.

DON'T LOOK FOR ANYTHING TO CHANGE SOON!!!...for the positive I mean.  Oh there will be many more Obama changes, but they will not be for the benefit of the American people.

"Princeton economist Alan Blinder says U.S. will outsource an estimated 40 million jobs in the next two decades, largely to China and India."...reference is "America for Sale"...by Jerome R. Corsi, PH.D...page 129.

Some of the largest U. S. Corporations are fueling this outsourcing by demanding lower prices from their manufacturers, and forcing U.S. Manufacturers to relocate in China to gain them.

"With its immense retail sales reaching-$258 billion in sales for the fiscal year ending in January 2005-Walmart has been able to force American companies to move factories to China so they can keep wholesale prices low.  Walmart has about thirty thousand suppliers, each under enormous pressure to squeeze every last bit of efficiency out of them."..."Take This Job and Ship It"..page 142.

Inorder for the Chinese to earn higher wages it will be achieved in small increments and will take decades to achieve.  Meanwhile here in America, the jobs will pay less then we are accustomed to and will not support out standard of living, I speak of employers like Walmart and Kmart, McDonalds and Burger King.  As long as President Barack Obama and the Congress keep extending unemployment benefits don't expect to see Americans rushing to fill those low paying positions.

JamesLee
14December

© Copyright 2010 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
rad802
since 2008-04-19
Posts 279
KY U.S.A.
1 posted 2011-01-16 10:02 PM

I work as a forklift driver of an automobile manufacturing company. (plastics)
The dunnage we send to Ford always comes back with trany fluid all over it. We have tried to talk to Ford about fixing this problem but they don't care. They are going to do what they want and we have to wipe out the dunnage.
They are the customer and we are screwed!
This is the American worker! Apathy is running amuck! I see the same attitude in the warehouse where I work. If we don't care about quality we are going down! Everyone of us has to show are employer that we are committed to the welfare of our companies.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2011-02-09 05:39 PM

Thanks for responding rad802...we can only do our best, at higher levers some could do more...hopefully they will try to see the whole picture, and respond to the workers concerns...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » All I Want for Christmas is A Job

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary