navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My lover the zombie
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My lover the zombie Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Chavo.wavo
since 2010-11-13
Posts 15

0 posted 2010-11-13 01:55 PM

Chapter 1
We are very misunderstood. No one can ever get the story right, can they? The living portray us as beings of rotten flesh, always hungry for brains; and mindless, stupid nothings. If only they knew... We have hidden ourselves from the mortal world for many moons. They should never know of us. Our secret must always be safe.  The living are wrong. We are not mindless. We are not rotting corpses, always on the rage for brains. What a foolish thing to believe. We are to be feared... We hunger for the essence of life. The human heart. We feed once every full moon, when some believe it is “Werewolves.” That strike. Ridiculous! Why hunger for something as foolish as the brain? Something that could come up with such a crazy idea? No the heart is what sustains us... the heart keeps us from passing into the afterlife. The afterlife for most of us is hell... the fire filled place of hatred. The ruler the very meaning of pain. But as long as we still “live”, We will never pass on. The truth of us is this... We are beautiful... shockingly beautiful. Our skin can be compared to the ivory that the goddess Athena was sculpted of. Our eyes are a clear sparkling Sapphire. Our lips are fuller than any other. Our bodies are more powerful than any Olympian athlete. And than the one thing the pitiful living actually got right. We are neither dead nor alive...  We reside in the underworld, at the center of the earth. It is not hot magma as many believe. It is a system of caves, carved out of the most precious jewels to ever have existed. The earth is beautiful... as are we.   My name is Tyannus. I am one of the undead. My story is not a pretty one... and it is not one to be told. Yet. The full moon rises tonight. And I will once again find a heart to sustain my so called “life”. My brethren talk amongst themselves while I stand alone. I was like this as I lived... I have never yearned for companionship. I have never felt the so called love the human heart can create.   What was it though..? What was this emotion, that made people do the craziest of things? Some died for such a thing. My brethren speak of it often. They say it is the most wonderful feeling of all. I cant wrap my mind around such a thing. Mostly because I don't have one to begin with. I ran my fingers through my silky black hair. Why should I need love? I was... astounding. I didn't need it to feel better about myself.   Yes we feel. We still feel pain and sorrow and happiness. I believe, however, that i am doomed to be filled with sorrow. I have not smiled in so long... what is there to make me happy? There is nothing.   The crystal walls around me began to shake and rumble. It was time to ascend to the surface. It was as the living say... Dinner time...

© Copyright 2010 Chavo.wavo - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My lover the zombie

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary