navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dead deer by the road in Pennsylvania
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dead deer by the road in Pennsylvania Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JenniferMaxwell
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

0 posted 2010-04-14 11:30 AM

Its blood seeped through the expansion grate and soaked into the rolling green hills along the concrete highway. The sky reflected one filmed eye, carrion birds circled and wheeled. Bottle flies, beetles and ants dined alfresco on its splayed flesh.  Marker number 15 and 25 miles before in truck stop sleep to dream him into life. A dancing stag Iroquois brother rolling thunder across the mountain range. Narcissus at a reflecting pool lapping cool spring water fern green beneath ancient pin oak and tulip tree. His breath the wind that quakes the aspen, his heart the river that runs freely through glade and wood before concrete, tarmac and the killing wheel.

© Copyright 2010 JenniferMaxwell - All Rights Reserved
banished_fairy
since 2006-10-02
Posts 31
Happy in H*ll, PA
1 posted 2010-04-16 05:39 PM

Odd to see this through the deer's eyes.
JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

2 posted 2010-04-16 06:17 PM

Thanks for your comment banished fairy. Here's something I found a bit odd, too.
Post #12 in this thread: /main/forumdisplay.cgi?action=displayarchive&number=96&topic=000792

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
3 posted 2010-04-17 12:37 PM

Jennifer- Before she got her own computer, Banished Fairy (who, at the time lived across the street and 2 doors down) was using mine. I neglected to log out, and she didn't think about it, either.

I hope that explains it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

4 posted 2010-04-17 01:05 AM

I was afraid it might be something like that.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dead deer by the road in Pennsylvania

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary