navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Health Care Government Style
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Health Care Government Style Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2009-09-11 07:50 PM

Health Care Government Style

The Government offered Health Care is not about the efforts of a caring Government, it is about creating a new bureaucracy of Government where more people will become dependent upon the Government for their basic needs.

"The end game is very obvious, if you expand the bureaucratic class and you expand the dependent class, you can put together a permanent electoral majority.  By "dependent," I don't mean merely welfare, although that's a good illustration of the general principle.  In political terms, a welfare check is a twofer: You're assuring the votes both of the welfare recipient and of the vast bureaucracy required to process his welfare."...from the "National Review", August 10, 2009, the article "Happy Warrior by Mark Steyn" on page 48.

The discussion seems to focus on whether or not this is a perfect Plan, but when it comes to the Government that is secondary.   For this Administration, the goal is to get the Plan implemented, to set up the required Bureaucracy, and in that process, to make a new group of citizens dependent upon the whims of the Government.  After implementing the Health Plan, the Governemnt will be free to modify and change the Health Care Plan day by day and step by step, according to their original intentions.

"If 'health care' were about health care, the devil would be in the detail.  But it's not about health or cost or coverage; it's about getting over the river and burning the bridge.  It doesn't matter what form of governmentalized health care gets passed as long as it passes.  Once it's in place, it will be "reformed" endlessly, but it will never be undone."..."National Review", Aug. 10, 2009, the article "Happy Warrior by Mark Steyn", page 48.

JamesLee
27August

© Copyright 2009 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

1 posted 2009-09-25 12:10 PM

Hi James:
I'm not an American.  I say this because I want to say right off the bat that you already have against me the advantage of being a member of the society about which you comment.  Nevertheless I wonder if you might consider putting a bit more creative flair into these posts.  

For example, you could comment on what is unamerican about what these bureaucrats are attempting.  Why not write a hypothetical story about someone effected by these changes?

I know you didn't encourage critiques so I plead guilty to overstepping my boundaries .

Still, it's good you've stepped up to the plate and are not afraid to make use of your freedom of speech.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2009-09-29 07:22 PM

Thanks fracta for reading and responding...I'm not necessarily saying that Government Run Health Care would be un-American.  I am expressing a Conservative viewpoint hoping that it will encourage thinking on you or others part...for myself I think that if Obama wants to change health care, he should identify the problem area's and change them one by one, focusing on improving services and lowering costs...James

[This message has been edited by JamesMichael (09-30-2009 06:00 PM).]

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2009-09-29 09:35 PM

James, you  have my complete agreement. You have illustrated Obama's "redistribution of wealth" perfectly. Nice work......
dragngrl28
since 2009-10-12
Posts 45
Texas, USA
4 posted 2009-10-14 05:06 PM

I think that a big part of the problem is transparency. Americans do not get to see the bill in its entirety before it is voted on. In many cases the beauracrats only get anywhere from a few hours to 2 days to read through a bill and the bills can be up to 1000 pages long. I don't think that are representatives can adequately make intelligent decisions on such short notice.

There is a movement to get bills posted online prior to being voted on: www.thepeoplecanread.org

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2009-10-23 06:50 PM

Thank you Balladeer and dragongirl for the wonderful responses...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Health Care Government Style

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary