navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » What is love??
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic What is love?? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
This is Tamma
since 2009-07-31
Posts 15
Harpers Ferry wv

0 posted 2009-07-31 10:26 AM

ok... let me re-intro myself... I am Tamma... I used to post here all the tyme... no need to welcome me. i just cant seem to remember my dang password...

here we go...

What is love? Its giving someone the power to hurt you tremendously. It is letting them know your most private thoughts and fears, without fear. It's giving yourself over to them, letting them see you at your most vulnerable moments. Love is the power to forgive them when they hurt you, and still let them be in your heart. It is giving them the window to your soul. Love is forgiveness, to slip each hurtful word or action slip from your mine. It is letting yourself fall, all over, even though you've been hurt in the past. Love is the way of knowing, simply knowing, without reason, that they are hurting. Love is not caring if you, yourself, are Ok, but wondering if they are. It is giving over to the fear, but confidence, that they, too, wont hurt you. Love is doing what they need you to do, dispite what you want to do. It is the fear of letting yourself fall, but knowing, and trusting, they will be the one to catch you, before you get hurt.

© Copyright 2009 Tamma M. Offenstein - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2009-07-31 03:28 PM

That is very true!  It is also loving someone in spite of their faults.  

Welcome to Passions you are going to enjoy posting here.  Please check your email for a special welcome from us all here.

Mysteria

GBride
since 2009-07-02
Posts 538

2 posted 2009-07-31 07:24 PM

We may love a person who is bad for us but "the heart has reasons the mind knows not of." Aren't you glad of that. We are not robots. We are people and we are sometimes foolish. It makes me happy.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2009-08-08 07:11 PM

enjoyed your thoughts on love...James
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

4 posted 2009-08-27 02:05 PM

Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » What is love??

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary