navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mending Fences Past
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mending Fences Past Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan

0 posted 2009-07-08 09:02 PM

Mending Fences Past

Kneeling in this corn field,mending this fence,working so hard every day I fall asleep in my work clothes. It's taken two years for me to look up and see you standing here in your office dress and high heels. You look strange, out of place,after so many years of living here and never walking our beautiful land.
     As you walk over to me, I look away.(fear doesn't look good on a man) I keep working as you talk about lawyers, and court dates and such. Finally, I rise and turn to look at you. I have scratched my hand on the fence and it smears on your cheek when I reach up to caress your face. We both stand and look at each other and realize how much we have changed.
    In the space of those few silent seconds that we gaze at each other, all that has happened in the past that has driven us apart, is remembered, pleaded and forgiven. When I feel once again your sweet as morning sunshine kiss on my lips and your soft silk dress pressed against my dirty old denim, I know there is god in heaven that has listened to a lonely man's prayers.
    On through the hot afternoon sun we work, mending everything that was broken over the years. When we're finished, we walk toward our house, tired but happy because we have mended the past out there in the corn field.

Yoin

© Copyright 2009 Tim W. - All Rights Reserved
Clang
since 2005-12-15
Posts 222

1 posted 2009-07-08 10:03 PM

This is beautiful.  If this is from your life I hope the two of you will be blessed forever more.  Thank you for sharing this.
Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
2 posted 2009-07-10 12:55 PM

Thank you Clang

for your thoughts

Yoin

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2009-07-16 06:50 PM

Enjoyed reading this...James
Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
4 posted 2009-07-21 08:09 PM

Thank you James.

Glad you liked it

Just reworked my old poetry page. Check it out before geocities takes it down. Yoin

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Mending Fences Past

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary