navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Another Point of View
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Another Point of View Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
eternally_singing
since 2007-12-18
Posts 123
PA, United States

0 posted 2008-05-10 11:53 PM

In the story of Sleeping Beauty there is the evil fairy Maleficent. However what if she was not entirely the one  at fault? That it was all a complete misunderstanding?

Here is her explaination of the whole affair.
-------

Wait, hold on! Maleficent the wicked fairy, do they really call me that? I need to set the record straight. First of all, my name is Melissa, not Maleficent, secondly I never put a curse on Princess Aurora. Well, alright I did pretend to put one on her but that was to teach her parents never to assume. It was to teach them not to presume someone is dead or ensorcelled, just because they do not leave their castle for a few years. Anyway, it is common courtesy to invite all fairies to baptisms. Unfortunately, they missed the lesson not to assume because they just went on doing so. If only they hadn’t reacted without checking! But no, they just screamed “curse,” and before I could correct the situation Betty had made it so much worse. The problem was that a powerful but half-trained fairy, Betty, bestowed upon Aurora her ‘gift’ before I had a chance to say my piece to their majesties where I would have told them that the ‘curse’ was a fake. She, apparently, did not get far enough into her training to tell if there was a spell on someone so instead of lifting my curse she put one on, herself. In concluding, ladies and gentlemen, I just want to say that I never performed a curse consigning Aurora to death but was merely bluffing in order to teach her parents a lesson. The problem is they were overtly hasty in their actions and made baseless conclusions that led to ill-considered actions on the part of others.

© Copyright 2008 Caroline G. - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Another Point of View

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary