navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Adolesence And Its Place In Life
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Adolesence And Its Place In Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
pen&paper
since 2006-06-06
Posts 513

0 posted 2008-01-10 10:47 AM

I think...and have thought and probably will think...that adolesence is a time of both regret and hope. We are shadowed by darkness but only because the light shines ahead reminding us that life will get better. It is also apparent to me that adulthood, at least the earliest years, is merely an extension of adolesence. Reminding us again, that we will get through whatever is  pulling us far into the shadows. As adolesents we reflect on (and perhaps experience) love, death, and most importantly, life to its fullest. Without adolesence, what would our existence be?

© Copyright 2008 Cierra L. Robbeloth - All Rights Reserved
Clang
since 2005-12-15
Posts 222

1 posted 2008-01-10 05:51 PM

I agree.  I have a son who made severe choices and will be paying consequences for the rest of his life.  My greatest fear is that it will scar him and he will never be able to overcome.  

It is certainly a rough time of life.  But probably a necessary evil.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Adolesence And Its Place In Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary