navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Confectioner's Aim
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Confectioner's Aim Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Clang
since 2005-12-15
Posts 222

0 posted 2007-12-30 02:39 AM

I put layers on this cake, swirling frosting like roadways that lead to places I have been.  I paint them there.  Each day, each song, the carresses and longings, and memories intertwined and mingled into a confectioner's foundation.  Purposefully, I retrace the paths and go over and over them again, until the original design is lost to me.  It is survival, a methodical retraining of my soul.  Soon, I will be done and will placate my oppressions with a slate that is clean.  Only then, for the second time in my life, may I pile on a new cake to begin to swirl anew.

Quirks make us interesting!

© Copyright 2007 Kat - All Rights Reserved
LittleLotte
since 2008-04-04
Posts 6

1 posted 2008-04-12 05:23 PM

it's funny how the mind adds meaning to the simplest, most repetative actions.. if that makes sense..  - great job capturing imagination, I enjoyed reading this (a few times ^^)
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Confectioner's Aim

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary