navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » facing the sun
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic facing the sun Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LOSTinTHISworld
since 2003-06-01
Posts 94
canada

0 posted 2007-12-07 07:15 PM

You stopped walking long ago. A shadow in the distance is where i last saw you. After walking backwards for so long keeping you in my sight, in pain, i finally turned my back to you to face the sun. I felt so relieved as i walked away.
   I tried to convince myself that i didn't care, trying to force myself to forget you. But as days went by, i could feel shadows from the past creeping up on me. Memories of you, all the feelings of love, feelings of hate, all the pain rushing through my head. I could no longer keep my back to you. So i turned by back to the sun once again. I was shocked to find you as more than just a shadow in the distance. I was confused, had you followed me?
   I begin to walk towards you, sun on my back. As we approached eachother, it was if we had both forgotten eachother for those days. There was no tension. Was it a new beginning?
   Together we turned towards the sun and began another journey. It what was my heart had ached for. I tell myself over and over that everything is alright. But as much as i try i can not force myself to forget. Forget the pain you brought upon me, forget the tears i cried over you. I can't forget.
    You excused your actions, rather than apologize for them. I let you back into my life with memories of when we once walked together facing the sun, on my mind, rather than the painful walk backwards watching you slowy fade away. How am i to know it wont just happen all over again? I need to know if you're willing to change, if you're willing to put an effort into your step so we can stay on this path.
   Maybe we will make it through this rough patch and have a future full of good times to look back on. But it brings a tear to my eye knowing things will never go back to what i dream of. It may make us stronger, but i will always walk with a limp.

memento mori

© Copyright 2007 becky dudley - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2008-02-14 03:55 PM

Enjoyed...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » facing the sun

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary