navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I think this is were I post poems
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I think this is were I post poems Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ImtheJJ
since 2007-09-28
Posts 2
Ca

0 posted 2007-09-29 12:04 PM

so there's this goddess, whose breath all mortal men exist to inhale, whose stone eyes melt the fervor of passionate men, and millions would risk their lives to win a moment with those eyes, but she doesn't see their feeble attempts, she sees only the fire that burns behind her steel blues
calypso, Helen, Aphrodite- they all sneer at her; huddled in jealous corners of mediocrity
those little hands of hers shake most marvelous galaxies, but they are gentle enough to run their fingers through soft hair
one night in her wilderness; it could've been a dream, but i tasted it, smelled it, felt it with all of my photographic nerves; what a fool would i be to forget the delicious scent of that little miracle
slipknot my heart! pining for pain seems peculiar until you've met this one. measly beggars are you and I who yearn for just a glance, whose minds are numbed for weeks by a smile, and a kiss?  Death is farther away at a bullet wound to a bleeding heart!  But I had one and live to tell the tale.  How? an erotic crescendo of stars burning up my soul-craters, goddesses choose their death victims.  

an age old question is answered.  Love is the space between two souls that grips the old man himself by the beard aand says "wait!  these are the explosive boiling seas you meant to form at the beginning!"

Man's desire, critics say, lies beneath his belt.  Give him something to fight for, however, and watch him willingly steamroller his life-breath pursuing it. those beneath-the-belt pleadings cease. At that moment, all of my corporeal cravings melt into the eternal nicotine of her ethereal warmth.

i may not have the tongue of keats', or the wit of yeats, but i saw her soul for a salvific moment, which is worth all of the words in the world

© Copyright 2007 JJ - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2007-09-29 08:54 AM

Hello JJ.  Welcome to Passions! Your first post is in Prose, and poems are found in Open, Corner Club, the Teen Forum, etc. At the top of the page you'll see a button for "Main Forums". Click on that and you'll find numerous places to post poetry of all kinds.

As this piece was laid out in a prose format, it's just perfect for this forum. So, please check your Email for a Very Special Greeting!

And please do not hesitate to contact a moderator if you ever need any assistance.

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I think this is were I post poems

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary