navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Letter For You
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Letter For You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LucNanalh
since 2007-02-21
Posts 11

0 posted 2007-02-24 05:06 PM

Dear Jessica,

I didn't abandon you. I figure our lives grew out of hand and away from each other's until now. Although my thoughts gravitated to you due to the pull of your heart, I managed to fall out of orbit and into the abyss of my present. We share much more than you'll realize; which in its entirety is my fault, I won't allow you to. The inital course of my future, you set the goal for my efforts and ambitions - The hunger my potential attempted to satiate. And so things have become hard to say, even if we carry it on our lips every second of the day. But I'm still listening because what the mouth cannot speak the heart whispers; I am still watching because your eyes show me; I still look to the stars hoping against all hope I manage to catch one of your dreams.

This is for you and it's the best I can give. More of myself than if I were standing in front of you; more of my heart than if you had it cut open in your hands; this is more of my soul than a thousand questions could answer. This is for you because I have no choice: I have been consumed by you at the moment, and I know that you will not relinquish me until I give up my position above your head. You are forcing me to take the heart I hold, your heart and look at it. You are forcing me to face your person without being able to run or hide behind elaborate words and plots. And so I am bare before you, as you have been before me - No words to trick you, only a truth I called into question because it was easier on me.

And all at once everything unfolds before me, and right now as I feel you leaving me I know you're smiling in your place. I consciously breathe searching to take in the relief we're mutually supposed to experience in this moment. And I love you, and you do me - But you don't need mine. It'll be there cushioning any hardship life might bring your way, but you don't need it. I might be good for your soul, but you don't need me. And as extremes change places I suggest that as I move away from over your head, you take me and my love and place us under your feet - so that when my mind crosses your path you may be taken away from this world you know, and walk on air, living out my thoughts of you... angel.

© Copyright 2007 LucNanalh - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2007-10-01 01:50 AM

Enjoyed...James
LucNanalh
since 2007-02-21
Posts 11

2 posted 2007-10-01 01:55 AM

I appreciate your having experienced a piece of mine.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Letter For You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary