navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Crooked Mirror
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Crooked Mirror Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
openthoughts
since 2006-01-16
Posts 94
Where the child can be free

0 posted 2006-10-12 05:44 PM

There are bonus points to anyone who can come even close to figuring out what this is about (please note that this is also not finished yet).

A Crooked Mirror

Some things just stick with you.  You forget most things becasue you simply can't remember EVERYTHING that happens but as for a lot of the important stuff, you can't really get rid of that.  Take yesterday for example.  I was planning on walking down to the general store to stock up on candy in preparation for the upcoming toad infestation (my fourth cousin's best friend's chiropractor said there was a strong chance it would be particularly vicious and I trust him with her life).  The thing was, I never made it to the river.  At least, I never made it to the bottom.  Right there at the bank, somewhere between that second rock and the first layer of clouds, was this tiny little person with a rediculous beard.  It was unkempt and dirty but with obvious purpose.  As for the beard, well, that was clean (though it was long and dragged in the dirt).

-"Hallo there you.  I might've gone and lost m' trousers.  I mighten of but I do expect they were displaced somewhere 'tween a ranting and a rainstorm."
-"My name is me and many others.  I really don't expect it's you though.  But I'm most certainly not you."
-"Ah. Aha. Yes.  Some truth, no doubt, if you think you believe you know it."

I took a few steps on the toe but not, though it suggests, in the heal direction.

-"I hope you don't trust the water.  Making me sit on pity."
-And again.  The sky seemed to glitter like dirt.  "Do you think it will be uncomfortable in the past?"
-"Would you be asking me Grain-Man?  I feel my beard a-ticklin."

I emphasized some bit of life and some past motions.

-"BLEEAARGH!"
-"Winds have gone and changed again.  I wish they would ask first."  The dirt on the bank became irritated and frantic.
-"I want the gold!"
-"Hahaha!  Your green is brown indeed."
-"You're eyes trust a different path this moment!"
-("And if they trust none at all?")

I repeated the more recent process of an older two.

-"If you wish, I may exist to you again.  Appropriately."

I lost the joy of the emptiness ahead (which was so significant I could almost say it suffered an implosion, accounting for quite the opposite) and snickered between my mouth and hairline.  "The Japanese send greetings."

-"Shall I send for repair!"
-The movie ended.  "My heart says more than my lips."
-"Your eyes say different."

Suddenly, too much of the world existed for far too long.  The air was noticibly like smelly lemons and rotting feet (though I may have mixed up the two).

-"Accepted."
-"I am?"
-"It is different?"
-"I would say so."
-"And you won't."
-"I see no red streaks, no holes that need filling."

The rediculous little creature experienced an earthquake contained perfectly to himself.  "There's one or two that hadn't been wit me when I ceased to exist, Elephant.  They are not where you thought anys-a-way."

-"And you say much while mean nothing."
-"Ahh!  A spear!  From both directions, no less."
-"I see only one."
-"Of course you do."
-"I'm not completely sure I've reached.  You evade with ease."
-"Then I shall make an attack of my own."
Please remember that this is not finished but I don't plan on making it any easier for anyone to understand besides me.  

© Copyright 2006 openthoughts - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-10-15 11:06 PM

This is one of the best things I've read today.. It has such a twisted mystery to it.. and you're right.. it has left me with no clue what it is about. but just for the fun of it.. i'll tell you what i think.

It seems to me like almost a talk with yourself. with your inner-being. You're the only one that can understand him and the only one that gets what he is saying.. I love how you added and changed things.. like walking to the store but then you said river and from the bank to the clouds.. it was very unexpected. I like the story though. I feel like it's not a conflict but  person.vs.self.. kind of thing if you understand what i'm saying. Like a thousand thoughts flowing through your head at one time and you jump from one thing to the other.. this to me.. seems like it explains your feelings or emotions when you're not even sure what you're feeling... That's my guess.. maybe not the best thought put into what I analyzed out of this.. but.. I'd like to read more soon.. keep me posted.

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Crooked Mirror

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary