navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » On Top of the World
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic On Top of the World Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA

0 posted 2006-10-02 09:51 PM

I've always thought that everything happened for a reason, this time I'm not so sure. I was at a place where I could handle things better. I was at a place where I could finally take the bad along with all the good I had. Now that all the good has disappeared, I'm learning to accept the bad, and I'm actually to the point where I'm beginning to be happy with whatever I can get. Life is so uncertain these days. The only person that you know better than anyone is yourself, but the more I think about it, the more I worry because I don't know what I'm doing or what I want. I can barely keep up with what I think half the time. So how well do we really know ourselves? We're pushed into this world, which is the greatest and worst gift of all. Being able to live and be thankful to God for this opportunity is great, but having to come to this hell hole in the first place is not so good.
       It's a complicated situation, life these days. It always takes everything good I get away but never fails to leave me with my troubles. As I face the world trusting in my Lord I know he'll pull me through, but how and when I'm not sure. Half of you think of me as crazy for such but that's me I guess.  Oneday, it will change and those who thought they were on top of the world will be forever more burdened with it, when it flips.

By Heather Sullivan
9-01-06

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

© Copyright 2006 Heather Sullivan - All Rights Reserved
CrAzI_bAbI_cHiKa
since 2003-07-16
Posts 248

1 posted 2006-10-04 12:36 PM

Hey Heather,

Not your best...It sort of reads like a journal entry, and it doesn't seem to have a definitive point in the start. The ending is strong though, I like that you state that, despite what skeptics believe, you're going to stick with knowing that the Lord will pull you through. The start could use a little work, maybe a little chopping to make it flow better && to get your point across. But I really, really like the second paragraph. It's promising.

<3ker

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Mae West

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
2 posted 2006-10-05 12:46 PM

Keryn.. you're right.. actually I don't have a journal but this is not poetry or a short story. I have a collection of thoughts. I write things like this very personal that have a sort of tone in the way I write it if I had to explain. It is like journal entry more then a prose piece but I thought I would add it. I suppose if people knew the stories behind my work like this they'd understand it better but it's probably that way with everyone who would even call themselves a writer. thanks for taking time to read it..

ttyl
~heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » On Top of the World

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary