navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A nigts drive
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A nigts drive Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Artofmark
since 2006-07-12
Posts 41

0 posted 2006-08-06 09:35 PM

true story, with humor

: It was a peaceful nite with a light mist in the air, the humidty was just right and the moon glistened with utter perfection. The moonlight came to a flawless prism upon the hood of V. As I proceeded down the trail a white car challenged me in a test of aptitude, and I cordially accetped with a nod of my head. As race began, I quickly shifted from first to second once the rpms reached their climax, once upon second the wheels began hopping as they where frogs upon the tops of lily pads, and then my tires became aloft a wet surface and tires began rotating with excess vigor like where untamed, but at this point there was a sence of awe or a serene amity. This peace was broken with alacrity as a glass vase striking a marble floor. The car twisted violently to the left with such velocity, I counter steered with the strength of atlas hoping, I woud be visiting the river of styx. I knew i was in paramount peril whence my eyes glanced adjacent and noticed the lights were just out the drivers window. The wheels tired like a child after a days played and the vigor subsided and all was calm as an eye of the storm has passed and the peaceful nite continued on as though it was a tranquil path.

© Copyright 2006 Artofmark - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2006-11-26 10:44 AM

Some nice images here. Since you do not accept critiques, I will leave it at that. Thanks for the read!
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

2 posted 2006-12-02 02:04 AM

Yes, I agree with PDV.  The allusions etc were fun.

Any idiot can see that the result is true.
-- argumentum ad idiotum
Me!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A nigts drive

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary