navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » the space Between apartment doors
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic the space Between apartment doors Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
themute
since 2006-05-08
Posts 469
Maryland

0 posted 2006-06-07 06:26 PM

There’s a noise above the sounds of the television. I don’t know where it’s coming from but it is definite. At first I don’t know what it is, but soon I come to realize the sound as notes. They are like the chiming of nothing, soft, silent, tender, and true. I am at first just listening to the sound wile the TV is on, then I mute the television, then I go outside. And in the space between apartment doors I hear the sound of notes that chime in my ears as if I were in heaven or something. I look threw the glass doors to the world outside and I think for some reason, how can I kiss the sunset, how can I love her shine. Its as if my muse has come to me in this corridor. But the notes are still chiming in my ears. And like an animal I search with my head to find were the sound is coming form with out thinking. I think it was on the floor above.
I want to go up there and knock on the door of who ever was playing just to listen, but I don’t because I don’t know them and I don’t think it would be a polite thing to do. I wish I had no inhibitions, because I know that it would be strange, but I think if the circumstances were reversed and someone came to hear me play, that would make my day. But because someone ate an apple we can’t do such things, right? I listen for a wile till the Hispanic woman comes out of the apartment next to me. When she does I go inside and close my door. I am too shy too let her see me outside of my apartment just listening to the sounds of keys. And I would allow people to step all over me as long as it’s not intentional. That’s what I get for going to school and being a slave to old women and men.
So I open the door when the woman leaves, I’m stuck in this beautiful moment because that’s all we have. Such things are what my old therapist and I talked about wile I was supposed to be getting anger management for anger I never had. The sun is shining through the glass of those doors now so that it’s shining up the room; the lower half is cast in shade. The music is playing. All I do is listen. It makes me want to cry. This moment is so beautiful to me. I will cherish it forever, or till I turn and walk away.

© Copyright 2006 Matthew Patrick Holbert - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-06-12 12:25 PM

Ok.. I think that this could be polished a little.. it seems to be a little repetitive in the middle someplace. i can't exactly remember where..there was also a few spelling/grammar mistakes. but..

I LOVED IT. it was beautiful.. I love how the title "the space Between apartment doors" just pulls it all together for me.. it was wonderful.

Great job..

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » the space Between apartment doors

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary