navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Karma
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Karma Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DUBIOUSLYsane
since 2006-05-16
Posts 3

0 posted 2006-05-16 09:49 PM

I am atheist who believes in Karma.  Does that belabour the fact that I am an atheist?  I wonder.
Every good deed is rewarded with another good deed.  But now, enter my confusion into the scheme of things!
Are we rewarded with the spoils, in this lifetime?  Or another?
I often hear, "Oh!  They must have done something incredible in the past life to have it so good in this one!"
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.  Ideal.  Don't you think?  Human nature becomes an obstacle!  Find me the person who has lived this to the letter and I will not cast the first stone.  But it does have a direct correlation of what "karma" is for me.
Ah!  Back to my confusion.  I am conflicted between the two ideals.  Do I do good in this lifetime for another?  Or do I do good unto others now to reap it tomorrow?
Ah the woes of me!

[This message has been edited by DUBIOUSLYsane (05-16-2006 10:34 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 DUBIOUSLYsane - All Rights Reserved
Clang
since 2005-12-15
Posts 222

1 posted 2006-05-17 02:46 AM

I don't know that I believe in Karma.  My belief system is very complicated and would take all day to explain.  I do believe that things happen for a reason and that there are things we can all learn in this life, even from those we think are our enemies or our subordinates in life.  I believe we discriminate a lot as human beings.  I believe that if we fear something we should walk toward it not away (this I gained from an Army of professionals who say this is the way to go).  When I see people that have experienced horrendous things I never wonder why it happened...I just hope they make it through.  It's easy to judge others without a complete picture of his/her life.  I leave the judgement up to God.  I do believe there is one.  I don't believe any belief system should be imposed on another.  These lessons and beliefs were hard won.  And yada yada yada ad nauseum.

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
2 posted 2006-06-02 12:39 PM

very interesting. I think I'll have to think on this one a bit.. good job..

~Heather

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

3 posted 2006-06-10 11:52 PM

This is a good write.  but im no atheist and i definitely dont believe in karma.  haha 100% christian.  But..thats a WHOLE different thing.  this was a good little short thinker type thing i suppose.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Karma

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary