navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dreamscape Six - Michelle's Visit [Snow on the Mountain]
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dreamscape Six - Michelle's Visit [Snow on the Mountain] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2006-05-20 05:41 PM

Dreamscape Six - Michelle’s Visit
Snow on the Mountain

The first part of the dream was a visit to the East coast, meeting for the first time those friends whose poetic tendencies are to write of wind, and seas, in the clapping of hands to keep time, to find themselves tapping toes in a musical cadence as words flow, only to fall gently in cursive form, or find their way across the click, click, click of keys in time of rhyme.  I recognized the sound of their collective hearts, and felt the true camaraderie of their faith, their belief in one another, so that in a circle, we somehow managed to lift our uncommon friends onto new roads of travel, as each of us, in some unique and peculiar way, are bound for our own triumphs.

As I observed these friends, the body of me slipped away, toward the voice of yet another poet, one who felt unequal promise from the earth, on the West coast.  I imagined I was going to visit with her again, only to find that she had a surprise for me.  

She invited me into her home for a second time, and there on the couch sat Michelle.  Oh, what a glorious child!  She was wonderment and light rolled into a laughing, but intensely serious body.  Her skin seemed like cream, and her hair was a blessed tangle of dark rich waves that shimmered brightly, just as her eyes did.  She seemed full of some special quality, something that we rarely recognize.  Oh, the joy in the house that streamed from Michelle’s visit.  There were aged aunts sitting around, smiling, while gently patting one another’s hands, all deeply comforted by the warmth of the occasion.

It was then I heard the mourning doves.  It is spring, and their return seemed to contain a pure song of joy, mixed, as it was, with the redbird’s greeting.  Then, silently, gently, Michelle took my hand and led me outside.  Just as much as it had been sun and green grass only moments before, now we were in a landscape of pure, white snow.  Although it was deep and heavy enough to make a mass of snow creatures, instead, Michelle walked out into it, barefoot and beautiful, and told me I had to move a car out of the driveway.  I thought she was telling me that I needed to leave, and not wanting to disappoint her, I did as I was bid.  It was a sad feeling to just have met her, and now, I had to leave.  As I started to drive someone else’s car through the deep snow, it came to me that I could not leave just yet, for I had envisioned something that was not quite real.

I knew and surely it had to be some ancient message from Michelle.  I had to turn around and go back.  I stopped the car and turned off the engine.  In my return to the house, across the brilliant snow, sure-footed, I knew it to be cold, and wet, but yet, did not feel the tingle of ice upon my skin.  But there stood Michelle, for she had come out to greet me again, a vision in a beautiful, lightweight dress, and she was skipping barefoot, not knowing it to be frigid at all.  She was above cold or warmth, and in that realization, it came to me as I entered the house, and then just as quickly, when seeing my friend in tears, knew that all that had passed was and simply put, a visit by Michelle, to be real but for a moment, to touch a mother’s heart once more, and to make herself known to her mother’s friend.  She had only come for a brief instant, and had brought with her the aunts who were caring for her now, on yet another plane.

My friend was deep in her crying, grieving once again, over the loss of her child.  Her arms were empty and aching for one more embrace.  I went to her to try to help fill them if but for a brief moment, attempting to encompass her in a child-like warmth so that she would know she truly wasn’t alone.

“It was her gift, Sissie.  It was her way to let you know that she still lives on, and loves on, and will wait for you, when it is your time.  She will wait, because her love is that strong, and she has never forgotten you.”  

My friend looked up at me, knowing the faith of the lost, of the renewed; knowing the pain.  It was my turn to have tears burn my eyes.

Michelle’s visit left snow on the mountain.

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

© Copyright 2006 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2006-05-20 07:15 PM

Sissie...you already know how much this touches me, the rest is quiet and without words.  Thank you for dreaming her for me.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dreamscape Six - Michelle's Visit [Snow on the Mountain]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary