navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Existence
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Existence Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa

0 posted 2006-05-12 08:42 PM

Existence

I am reside remotely beyond your consciousness much like a reflection from the front of a glass mistaken as a ghostly image if search me out beyond where I exist. You can always sense me like someone who’s suddenly standing behind you, yet when you turn around; I am never there.  Yet I am the one who whispers in your ear and warns you of pending danger. I can end up being your better sense or a ghost who constantly haunts your mind. I have no name because I only exist in a spiritual form. Some refer to me as a soul, and I’m beyond reasoning in this world.  Since no one can physically touch me or see me much like the air you constantly breathe I am always present within you until a time you no longer exist.  Whether I stay around or go off to another place, only those who really know of me sense my time and space.  To them I share wisdom from beyond and they understand me and know my value.  Many are concerned of my future and search me out through confirmed religious faith and not where I dwell.  They are easily misled by what they feel and not what lies within themselves.  Their religious text speaks of me in the realm I reside, but they lean toward their thoughts where I can not be found and am only a dream.  I hold the mystery of the world and what lies beyond, be it good or distress is a matter of the mind, I am connected to what is beyond time and space.  To many I do not exist.  To a few all that does who find my spiritual sense.  Look deep within your heart in a lonely quiet room, but be aware you may not like what you find.  I am what is present, and what is really inside of you and it can be a scary place to find.  Seek me out if you have the courage because I am part of what does not exist and everything that does.  At first in my presence you’ll find I have the images and voices of demons, but if you stay long enough you’ll also find I also have images and sweet songs of angels.  Whether I’ll change your outlook on existence only time will tell.

© 2006 by Merlyn Hearn

© Copyright 2006 merlynh - All Rights Reserved
themute
since 2006-05-08
Posts 469
Maryland
1 posted 2006-05-12 10:18 PM

this has changed the way i think and feel just a little bit about the soul, thank you.  

Clang
since 2005-12-15
Posts 222

2 posted 2006-05-13 02:33 AM

The soul certainly is an interesting thing.
Thanks for posting this...a lot of food for thought.

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
3 posted 2006-05-13 10:55 PM

Good to read you again, merlyn.  Had been thinking about your writings lately, and here, you appear!  Hope everything is going well with you.  And again, I appreciatively learn from you.  

Great write!

your friend,
              cathy

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
4 posted 2006-05-15 04:53 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond while the world spins through time and space.  I realize I’m about as important as an ant compared to the outer realm in which I exist, should think as such; not too much sun, not too much water above my knees.  Be concerned of a larger being then me, so as not have an untimely demise, an untimely surprise if I follow the swam who leave where they are suppose to stay.   What food for thought I have found I share freely.  It is but a small piece so savor it slowly.  If you hunger for more remember where you can find it.  For now I must go—perhaps down my little hole, perhaps to find a larger stone to roll.   You are all too kind.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Existence

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary