navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » On life
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic On life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA

0 posted 2006-03-12 07:50 PM

Relationship-
Remember the start. The butterfly in the stomach, the knot in your throat.

Remember the good times- The annual celebration of your meeting. The renewing of your vows to be committed to each other.

Remember the bad times – The displeasure of having different opinions. The headache from putting up with the other person for the sake of being in their company.
Remember the end. Today was planned long time ago. Something beyond each of your control.

I speak insanity. I write fantasy. I sleep reality.

© Copyright 2006 Ronil B Tataria - All Rights Reserved
Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
1 posted 2006-03-12 08:48 PM

An excellent synopsis.

And if one could do just that
in the heat of the moment?

Aspirin would find a reduction
in sales.

Well done.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2006-03-18 10:22 PM

Enjoyed. Hits all too close to home right now, but enjoyed nonetheless

and then He created the horse...

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2006-04-04 11:23 PM

I love the conclusion of this piece.  It's short and biting.  I wonder if you might lengthen this and add still more "evidence" of the conclusion that is to come.  But don't be too heavy with that evidence lest this piece become more cynical.

Say, were you thinking of tragedy as you wrote this?  It sounds rather fatalistic, like a tragedy....or perhaps a synopsis of one.  Life is a play, perhaps?  Check out "Reality?" by Chika for something like this.  There the protagonist weaves the story.  Here you're taking the protagonist and weaving the story with her own life experience.

Thanks for the chance to read and reply.

Any idiot can see that the result is true.
-- argumentum ad idiotum
Me!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » On life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary